A Wise move by Arsenal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Wise move by Arsenal?

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/01...ear-contract/?

Why would we approve this move, are we hoping they buy him?

Good Luck to him.

Comment

I don't understand why we can't hold onto players like this

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        Why would we approve this move, are we hoping they buy him?

Good Luck to him.
        There's nothing you can do with players under a certain wage - any big club can take them and just pay us some compensation

Comment

It makes me quite cross to see youngsters leave before they have had a chance with us, makes a mockery of having a youth system if you don't reap the benefits yourself
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Thought the Wise family was R's. Not that much apparently.
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Maybe they don't like what they see.. Whether you're Rangers or not if it doesn't benefit your kid/family member why stay?
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Why would a promising youth player stay here? We've not had a youth player come through the ranks and play more than a game or 2 for years now. Hardly sends out a good message to the other youths does it?

Comment

just shows you , is it worth having an academy if all the best players end up leaving. ..... still waiting for a youngster to break through , its beeen over 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    just shows you , is it worth having an academy if all the best players end up leaving. ..... still waiting for a youngster to break through , its beeen over 10 years
                    Unless you give the youngsters a chance they will move on.
                    I thought Furlong or Cox may have got a run out last weekend but didn't happen.
                    Harriman played ok when called upon v liverpool 2 seasons ago.
                    Jack Robinson the young left back, made a few appearances for Liverpool in the Prem and Cup but loaned out.

We won't play SWP so why name him in our Prem Squad.
                    Give the place to a youth player, stick him on the bench and give him the odd 15 mins run out in games.

Tired of seeing Hoillet come on and do nothing.
                    Would rather see one of the Youth Players come on, that will give there all and gain some experience at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                      Unless you give the youngsters a chance they will move on.
                      I thought Furlong or Cox may have got a run out last weekend but didn't happen.
                      Harriman played ok when called upon v liverpool 2 seasons ago.
                      Jack Robinson the young left back, made a few appearances for Liverpool in the Prem and Cup but loaned out.

We won't play SWP so why name him in our Prem Squad.
                      Give the place to a youth player, stick him on the bench and give him the odd 15 mins run out in games.

Tired of seeing Hoillet come on and do nothing.
                      Would rather see one of the Youth Players come on, that will give there all and gain some experience at the same time.
                      Youth players (U21) don't need to be named in the squad and you can use an unlimited number of them to supplement the 25 named players.
                      However, if you have 25 eligible senior players available you must name them in the squad. You can only leave a senior player out of the squad if you have more than 25 available. Or if the home-grown player rule excludes them.

Agree with the sentiment though.

Comment

shut our academy youth teams down.....waste of time/money!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                          shut our academy youth teams down.....waste of time/money!
                          Concurred. Dont even need them.

Comment

Never develop the youth set up without the right structure and coaches. Prehaps some on here will now realise (see their results) that putting people in charge of coaching simply because they are a R, such as Furlong doesn't work. Need the best coaches not just those that have played for QPR!

Comment

Our youth set up is getting there, shame he left but stuff happens. Laughable that people dont feel we need a youth policy. Got some great lads coming through, give it a few years. Couple of young Japanese kids in the Kagawa mode, I think they are 12/13 only though so they wont be ready for Burnley. Have a couple of mates v close to the youth set up

Comment

Working...
                              X