No announcement yet.

Before we appointed Harry Redknapp as manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, I think Harry's passion was never the same after he got overlooked for England. Maybe not to the level made out to the media, but has done some wonders with his teams, that can't be denied.

He knows he won't get a crack at a top top job again now and for this I feel his motivation is not quite the same.

For me, if Harry goes, we need a manager who wants to prove himself. We're not at the desirable world class level, so should be looking at this sort of manager, otherwise we end up with people not quite up for the fight and maybe see us as beneath them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
      Unfortunately, I think Harry's passion was never the same after he got overlooked for England. Maybe not to the level made out to the media, but has done some wonders with his teams, that can't be denied.

He knows he won't get a crack at a top top job again now and for this I feel his motivation is not quite the same.

For me, if Harry goes, we need a manager who wants to prove himself. We're not at the desirable world class level, so should be looking at this sort of manager, otherwise we end up with people not quite up for the fight and maybe see us as beneath them.
      yes it can.

he had the 4th highest budget in the Premier League and finished 4th. he overspent with Pompey and won them an FA cup before they went bust. Nice trophy, sure, but winning the FA cup with a big-spending mid-table Premier League side is hardly unusual let alone evidence of 'working wonders'.

Agree though on managers who see us as beneath them. As I said before we appointed him, Harry is the managerial Bosingwa. I've seen nothing since to persuade me otherwise.

Comment

Working...
      X