Before we appointed Harry Redknapp as manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Yes Nasser, he did. But that was years ago.

Over the length of time he has been a football manager, he has hardly been achieving consistent success. And with us, the standard of football in general has been pretty dire, hasn't it?

Another fact about HR is that he has set the PL record for consecutive away defeats. And although he cannot be blamed entirely for the relegation, we ended the season further from safety than when he came.

Not saying things couldn't have been worse, but they most definitely could be a lot better.
    Not sure how much this is relevant to what people thought of HR becoming our Manager at the time.
    Spurs were in the QF of the Champions League in in April 2011 - he became our Manager in Nov 2012.

Comment

never wanted him at the rs..........but its difficult

Comment

I wanted Harry here (better than what we had) and i have been happy in terms of what he has done in the 3 years got rid of most of the deadwood bought a few younger players so the average age has come down im happy and im 1 that wants him to have a new contract unles guardiola becomes available
        TWITTER
        @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
        Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

I wanted him here, and I don't want him gone...against most peoples opinion, we are way to long in the season now for a change anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            Thought he'd be great but I've been surprised how outdated his actics are and if I'm honest if we had the chance for change id take it . He's not the long term plan he looks tired and at times uninterested and the amount of ######## that comes out of his mouth at times is ridiculous . Any manager worth their salt would have us where we are at a bare minimum with the budget he's had . The way we limped to promotion last year despite having by far the most resources was fortunate to say the least and for me it's time to move on . Just my opinion I'll contine to support him in the role 100% I would just prefer someone else
            Very good points,

I thought after the Hughes fiasco someone I didn't originallywant due to his links with the agent etc I thought HR was a massive coup.
            HR Premiership experience, did well at Spurs etc and was even touted for the England manager and appears was only a whisker away from it, coming to a small club in turmoil was IMHO something that was a master stroke by our board, I agree with Gregory that it hasn't turned out as one expected but I was in the happy with Arry crowd when he joined.

Comment

Originally posted by andover66 View Post
              I wanted him here, and I don't want him gone...against most peoples opinion, we are way to long in the season now for a change anyway.

Time will tell but I bet that West Brom and Palace will be glad they didn't think like this.

Comment

Initially wanted him here and was glad when he took over, but it wasn't long before I began to feel that HR might be not be the manager we needed at the time. The end result was relegation.

Last season had an acceptable result, and while HR does deserve credit for that, there was room for improvement. I thought we needed to replace him over the summer.

At this point, I think that HR is not the manager that we need to avoid relegation this season, nor would he be good for us long-term. Problem is finding the right replacement.

Comment

If you want a young manager with good tactical awareness and who is used to being the small team, playing youth, passing and pressing etc., then I believe that Kasper Hjulmand at Mainz is the best out there. Would be the best manager to get in the summer, staying up or going down. Wouldn´t be a good solution now though, because he would need some time to get his ideas across I think. I would stick with Redknapp, and let him take the praise/blame whatever happens, and then get Kasper or similar in end of season...
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

I voted I didn't want HR in the first place but now he is here I believe he has "just" about done his job, the squad has improved, the moral is better, gets this window right he should be more than ok.

Next season is te make or break one in the prem for HR.
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                      I voted I didn't want HR in the first place but now he is here I believe he has "just" about done his job, the squad has improved, the moral is better, gets this window right he should be more than ok.

Next season is te make or break one in the prem for HR.
                      Don´t think he will stick around after this season whatever happens...

Comment

Pleased to say I saw him coming:

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...e-SWP-Park-etc

Disappointed we didn't get rid of him in either of the past two summers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                          If you want a young manager with good tactical awareness and who is used to being the small team, playing youth, passing and pressing etc., then I believe that Kasper Hjulmand at Mainz is the best out there. Would be the best manager to get in the summer, staying up or going down. Wouldn´t be a good solution now though, because he would need some time to get his ideas across I think. I would stick with Redknapp, and let him take the praise/blame whatever happens, and then get Kasper or similar in end of season...

We're never going to get an interesting relatively unknown (to the UK media) foreign appointment while TF is in charge. He wants the big name everyone knows who will be mates with footballers we've heard of who we can sign. Hughes, Redknapp, Sherwood.

You can spot the well run clubs by the managers they surprise us with. Pochettino, Laudrup, Koeman etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                            We're never going to get an interesting relatively unknown (to the UK media) foreign appointment while TF is in charge. He wants the big name everyone knows who will be mates with footballers we've heard of who we can sign. Hughes, Redknapp, Sherwood.

You can spot the well run clubs by the managers they surprise us with. Pochettino, Laudrup, Koeman etc.
                            I know

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              Hold's one finger in the air but I don't want him gone now. *Puts a tin hat on*
                              Me too but I'd rather his mutt Rosie took over now tbh.....

Comment

At least the situation may be under consideration :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ieved-4973742?

Comment

Working...
                                X