• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR complete Mauro Zarate loan deal

Booooom!

Right who's next!!!

R’s clinch loan signing of West Ham United attacker Mauro Zarate

QPR have completed the loan signing of West Ham United front-man Mauro Zarate.

The 27 year-old attacker has put pen to paper on a deal until the end of the 2014/15 season at Loftus Road and is in line to make his R’s debut against Burnley in the Barclays Premier League this weekend.

A gifted forward, Zarate arrives in W12 following a frustrating time at the Boleyn Ground, where he's been used sparingly by Hammers boss Sam Allardyce following his summer arrival, scoring two goals in eight appearances.

Last season, however, he enjoyed a prolific campaign in Argentina, where he finished as leading scorer in the Primera Division Torneo Final with 13 goals in 19 appearances for Vélez Sársfield, and 20 in 35 in all competitions.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ma...gmLU76HJiEi.99

MAURO ZARATE: IN PROFILE

A closer look at QPR's new arrival ...

A diminutive and skilful attacker, Mauro Zarate returned to English football for a second time when he signed for West Ham United in July 2014, having previously played on loan at Birmingham City in early 2008.

The forward began his career with Vélez Sársfield in his homeland before spells in Qatar and England and a longer five-year stint in Italian football with SS Lazio – for whom he joined for £20million and with whom he won two trophies – and Internazionale.

A FIFA U-20 World Cup winner with Argentina in 2007, Zarate won the 2013 Argentine Supercopa with Velez before finishing as the leading scorer in the Primera Division Final tournament in 2014.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ma...ypj1QchYzX4.99
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Hope he starts v. Burnley and Austin get a rest in the first half and joing in the second half.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
      Hope he starts v. Burnley and Austin get a rest in the first half and joing in the second half.
      No way, we finally bring in a creative source and rest our only finisher? We can't afford to do that, would rather rest Austin vs United
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        No way, we finally bring in a creative source and rest our only finisher? We can't afford to do that, would rather rest Austin vs United
        Play the pair of them and rest oh booby.
        These zarate threads need merging so we are all in one place and singing from the same hymn sheet on this little belter.

Comment

I just can't get excited during a transfer window anymore. No matter how much we spend, no matter who we sign, we always seem to be in some sort of desperate struggle, either to get promoted, stay in premiership, avoid relegation, etc, etc, etc.
          It's kinda like for me, 'OK, we got Zarate.....Now, what will I have for dinner, I wonder?'

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
            I just can't get excited during a transfer window anymore. No matter how much we spend, no matter who we sign, we always seem to be in some sort of desperate struggle, either to get promoted, stay in premiership, avoid relegation, etc, etc, etc.
            It's kinda like for me, 'OK, we got Zarate.....Now, what will I have for dinner, I wonder?'
            Isnt what you have stated all part of the excitement, got to be better than mid table mediocrity in any division like we have had for years aint it.

Comment

Quality addition for a loan and certainly will offer 10 times more than Hoilett can. The fact that so many west ham fans are gutted speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Isnt what you have stated all part of the excitement, got to be better than mid table mediocrity in any division like we have had for years aint it.
                Make you right Kev!!!.... absolutely love this division and all the ups and downs it brings in the transfer windows. Great little signing this, now go get us some goals Zarate!!!
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Vargas and Austin up front with Zarate in behind?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Make you right Kev!!!.... absolutely love this division and all the ups and downs it brings in the transfer windows. Great little signing this, now go get us some goals Zarate!!!
                    Happy new year nick mucker.

Comment

Isn't he another forward who we will no doubt play on the wing like we do with Vargas
                      We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                        Isn't he another forward who we will no doubt play on the wing like we do with Vargas
                        Drop chaz then? Its such a tough one when you have got a top striker already.

Comment

Happy new year nick mucker.
                          You to mate
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I've heard we are paying his wages (£40k a week) AND paid a loan fee to West Ham.

Just hope he aint another Maiga!

Comment

Drop chaz then? Its such a tough one when you have got a top striker already.
                              I wouldn't drop Austin and just questioning why we would sign someone to play out of position we do it with Fer and have also done it with Vargas which hasn't exactly worked out brilliantly

I think it stems from the fact we haven't really got a style of play or formation and would rather we got that sorted than just signing players for the sake of it
                              We Are The People.....

Comment

Working...
                              X