Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be that arsed if we went down this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you be that arsed if we went down this season?

Although I of course want to see us win every time we play and it was an amazing way to get promoted last year I have to admit that I would not be that heartbroken if we were relegated this season

In a way it was a shame we we went up as we could have been playing Millwall,Charlton,Fulham,Brentford,Watford this year plus visits to plenty of other real football grounds rather then the plastic Premier experience

As I have already said though the mad thing is that I want us to win every game so I am a little bit hypocritical with myself and want us to stay up and see world class players every week but as long as I get to see QPR it does not matter too much to me what division we are in

Confused from Isleworth

isles thats a great thought provoking question mate.....im in your corner here.....lets do the facts....in our last five premiership campaigns we have been relegated or finished in the bottom four...i honestly dont think we can compeat at this level any more....before im told its poor management/player choice etc....is it?.....id rather be competative in the championship winning games and as you said visiting real grounds than the sterile cash infested playground that is the overated english premier league!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

my favourite seasons in the last twenty years have been our two years in league one and our championship winning season.....loftus rd was full of proper qpr fans those years and the togetherness was over flowing.....now?....im not so sure!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

The problem is that we can no longer afford not to be in the top flight. Our debts are at a level far greater than they were pre Tony Fernandes as is our wage bill. With the new FFP laws Championship football would probably lead to fines and transfer embargoes, which could well put us on a slippery slope to disaster!

Comment

Unbelievable this question is being raised at all. We go down now - we won't go up again like we did last time. We will be lucky not to get relegated again or go into administration. The owners are not magicians and their pockets and wishes to continue throwing money away are far from bottomless. It is life and death right now, not "would we be arsed". The board should get the fingers out of their arses and sack Harry now so that the new manager can get in some players that he wants. Some on here huffed and puffed at me for continuing to attack TF and his accomplices. No time for truce now, whatever happened thousands of miles away from QPR. If you, the morally indignant ones, cared as much about saving QPR as you seem to care about those lives that cannot be saved anymore, you'd be clamouring for action too. Hypocrites. If I cannot speak my mind freely as admin, I will resign and continue to do so as an ordinary poster. I value my freedom of speech above any party line.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Agree with you both. I would take it back a few years before Facto, even back to the days of the buckets. Yep i know some of the football was turgid, but as fans we had a togetherness, that shone through with the players and managers also. What we have now is well, depressing in comparison and me personally, hate it. Never felt more detached from MY club.
            "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

If we get relegated our squad will be decimated.

Comment

Isn't a question of sentimentality for me...in the cold light of day, we are in a financial quagmire. The only way we have even the slightest chance of recovering is if we stay in the PL (the irony of course being that it was promotion to the top division that caused this problem in the first place.) Sure, derbies against Brentford and Fulham are enjoyable, but I wouldn't swap them for the long term future of the club. I think there is a place for us in this league, assuming we are finally able to get it right off the field...I don't need to tell anyone here about our signings and wages since 2011. I will agree with MyWord though - for a chairman who has placed an onus on togetherness and transparency between the club and its fans since taking over, I have never felt as disillusioned with QPR as I have over the last 3/4 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                  If we get relegated our squad will be decimated.
                  You are not wrong but we would always get eleven players out on the pitch regardless of what division we are in or how far we fall and as long as the club plays each week then myself and thousands of others would still be there

Comment

No way> Prem league is where you want to be and its where I want QPR to be. Its a massive season in our future imo. Ge ### right and I believe we can continue to progress get it wrong and I think we face some very difficult times ahead and those London derbes could become a nightmare where we cant even compete with the likes of wall, Charlton because our financial stability will be blown to pieces with releagation to the championship.

I don't understand all the doom and gloom any way. We are on 19 points and outside the relegation zine and performing pretty much how I expected for a team who got promoted via the play offs. Yes I believe we have messed up a few times and I genuinely actually believe we could be sitting on 24/25 points quite comfortable if we hadny messed games up like Liverpool, Hull and Swansea so imo we are in good shape and progressing nicely so why would we want to go back to the championship?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                      You are not wrong but we would always get eleven players out on the pitch regardless of what division we are in or how far we fall and as long as the club plays each week then myself and thousands of others would still be there

Comment

Amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          No way> Prem league is where you want to be and its where I want QPR to be. Its a massive season in our future imo. Ge ### right and I believe we can continue to progress get it wrong and I think we face some very difficult times ahead and those London derbes could become a nightmare where we cant even compete with the likes of wall, Charlton because our financial stability will be blown to pieces with releagation to the championship.

I don't understand all the doom and gloom any way. We are on 19 points and outside the relegation zine and performing pretty much how I expected for a team who got promoted via the play offs. Yes I believe we have messed up a few times and I genuinely actually believe we could be sitting on 24/25 points quite comfortable if we hadny messed games up like Liverpool, Hull and Swansea so imo we are in good shape and progressing nicely so why would we want to go back to the championship?
                          No doom and gloom from me mate as I am a glass half full chap and still have full confidence that we will stay up and hope we do just saying that for me personally it would not be a major disaster if it was to happen

The financial implications would of course hurt the club but we would still survive

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            Unbelievable this question is being raised at all. We go down now - we won't go up again like we did last time. We will be lucky not to get relegated again or go into administration. The owners are not magicians and their pockets and wishes to continue throwing money away are far from bottomless. It is life and death right now, not "would we be arsed". The board should get the fingers out of their arses and sack Harry now so that the new manager can get in some players that he wants. Some on here huffed and puffed at me for continuing to attack TF and his accomplices. No time for truce now, whatever happened thousands of miles away from QPR. If you, the morally indignant ones, cared as much about saving QPR as you seem to care about those lives that cannot be saved anymore, you'd be clamouring for action too. Hypocrites. If I cannot speak my mind freely as admin, I will resign and continue to do so as an ordinary poster. I value my freedom of speech above any party line.

You are completely clueless.

Isn't it time for you to hibernate?

Comment

No doom and gloom from me mate as I am a glass half full chap and still have full confidence that we will stay up and hope we do just saying that for me personally it would not be a major disaster if it was to happen

The financial implications would of course hurt the club but we would still survive
                              Wasn't having a dig at your post mate. Doom and gloom was a general consensus of the board of late which in some respects I understand as I have felt pretty detached from all things QPR since our last minute goal we let in against Swansea and then What happened a couple of days ago.

I know we have a hardcore of fans who will follow us where ever and I love that but this league is where you want to be and I just personally think we are again in a transitional period where if we can just get through this season we can really push on as I genuinely believe we got good owners more than anything and its in their interests for us to do well.

Comment

Working...
                              X