Harry's Brief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry's Brief

At the start of last season, TF would have told Harry his job was to get us up. He did. Last summer TF would have told Harry his job was to keep us up. Shall we wait and see what happens between now and May? Finances dictate to a club our size, that staying up is everything. You can moan all you like about HR, but we are not in the drop zone and still have our future in our own hands. Of course, what happened on Sunday was dreadful but next Saturday is WAY more important! Instead, let all of us who are going, let's cross our fingers, get RIGHT behind the team, and hope for the best, I'm fed up with the negativity on here! U R'ssssssssssss!

Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
    At the start of last season, TF would have told Harry his job wathose a sonus up. He did. Last summer result sat d have told Harry his job was to keep us up. Shall we wait and see what happens between now and May? Finances dictate to a club our size, that staying up is everything. You can moan all you like about HR, but we are not in the drop zone and still have our future in our own hands. Of course, what happened on Sunday was dreadful but next Saturday is WAY more important! Instead, let all of us who are going, let's cross our fingers, get RIGHT behind the team, and hope for the best, I'm fed up with the negativity on here! U R'ssssssssssss!
    Wow someone who is not depressed at our plight we have it in our hands which ia more than those below us can say we might get a result we might have enough to stay up else the others might have less than us ?

Comment

Find it quite amusing that people are so desperate for Tony to sack him, and comparing him to Mark Hughes........we were rock bottom with MH and had just ONE win at this stage of that season. Under Redknapp, we're not doing anywhere nearly as bad as that, in fact we're sitting above the drop zone. That's our target..not CL, not Mid table...Survival.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
        Find it quite amusing that people are so desperate for Tony to sack him, and comparing him to Mark Hughes........we were rock bottom with MH and had just ONE win at this stage of that season. Under Redknapp, we're not doing anywhere nearly as bad as that, in fact we're sitting above the drop zone. That's our target..not CL, not Mid table...Survival.
        Harry actually had between Nov 12-May 13 and we went down. Harry therefore relegated us that season and is looking like he will again.

So to recap:

1) Harry has previous
        2) We can't even draw away
        3) If you were to average our points and position vs who we have played at home and weigh up our remaining fixtures we are on course to be relegated

All categoric facts I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          Harry actually had between Nov 12-May 13 and we went down. Harry therefore relegated us that season and is looking like he will again.
          is that so? We'll see come May. Your crystal ball is rubbish.

Comment

So to recap:

1) Harry has previous
            2) We can't even draw away
            3) If you were to average our points and position vs who we have played at home and weigh up our remaining fixtures we are on course to be relegated

All categoric facts I'm afraid.
            How is point 3 at all valid. As it stands, we are not being relegated, we can't average it out because we don't know what is going to happen between now and the end of the season. If you are going to say, 'lets look at who we have to play at home', we could do the same away from home and say, 'well based on who we are playing, we will win most of those because we have already done that.' Very ridiculous statement.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

To be fair, Hughes had put him in a terrible position adrift in the league with a disjointed squad.

Not even Pele's blue pills could have kept us up!

Comment

Working...
              X