Its Loans ONLY...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
    Oh, and 2 of the loans will be " with an option to purchase"....including the 'underwhelmed' unfortunately. I'm keeping schtum now..other than that the first 2 will sign in the next few days...the (very) dodgy one will be very near or on deadline date so fortunately won't do much further damage this month to our fortunes!!
    Surely its best to say the name of the 'dodgy' one in order to scupper the deal! I did think we'd potentially end up going after Carlton Cole.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      they wont do that, tony and amit loves us.
      Oh yeah, I forgot about that, it's alright then
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        they wont do that, tony and amit loves us.
        Here comes eric morecambe right on cue. Ernie Wise needs you son..

Comment

Won't be Carlton Cole unless West Ham sign a replacement first. If so, we will indeed likely sign him. Redknapp likes him, and in fairness he should strengthen the squad. Whoops..promised to keep it a secret...

Comment

Given Harry's reported statement that it'll need a miracle to get a striker to sign, and that we are looking at loans only primarily, does this mean he is resigned to the fact we are going down! I would guess his attitude to away games will remain the same and we could in fact end the season with 0 away points!
            Remember Gillard!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
              Relying in my memory again (dodgy), bit i think we only owe 10 million to a bank. The rest (~£160M) is to shareholders/board.
              That's correct. I read it in an article yesterday. Also the 10 million to the bank has been set aside for training ground facilities etc. so do not think that has been used.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                There is only a limit (2?) on domestic loans iirc. Loans from foreign leagues are unlimited, but we are still bound by the home-grown player limit in the 25-man squad.
                Do loans from foreign leagues who have home-grown players count as domestic or foreign. I was thinking of Defoe (not that I think this will happen).

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  Do loans from foreign leagues who have home-grown players count as domestic or foreign. I was thinking of Defoe (not that I think this will happen).
                  A loan from Toronto would be classed as a foreign loan. But JD would be classed as a home-grown player so wouldn't be a problem in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                    ..this month, unless we get transfer fees for Adel, Hoillet, Philips, or Traore. We will NOT be loaning Mutch out: we're stuck with him. It will be 3 loans, one of which will be underwhelming to say the least. I'm no ITK, BTW. But wait and see...I'll come back to you on this Feb 1st.
                    Can't see who'd buy them off us? I'd consider just cancelling/paying up their contracts. Thought of it irks me but if spending a few or several £million to clear out the deadwood frees up space for some incoming players it must be worth considering? Nature of our situation means we can't expect to attract tried and tested top-notch players so we are left with no option other than mining for hidden gems....a Michu sort of player. Upside of this is it shouldn't be necessary to pay silly money or wave daft contracts about.

Comment

sanogo is available for a loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Can't see who'd buy them off us? I'd consider just cancelling/paying up their contracts. Thought of it irks me but if spending a few or several £million to clear out the deadwood frees up space for some incoming players it must be worth considering? Nature of our situation means we can't expect to attract tried and tested top-notch players so we are left with no option other than mining for hidden gems....a Michu sort of player. Upside of this is it shouldn't be necessary to pay silly money or wave daft contracts about.
                        But there is no money so how would they pay out millions of £££s to free up the space and then pay wages and fees (transfer or agents) for new signings?
                        They would be better off signing players and then naming squads without players who wont be featuring - SWP, Hoilett,Traore, Phillips,Ferdinand, Taarabt. Then these players would possibly look for loans elsewhere where part of their wages could be paid by the loaning club.

Comment

Should prioritise completing this Zarate loan if we're not signing a striker.

Sadly I think it makes too much sense to happen, I'm sure we'll somehow end up with an Arry/Spurs/Spam castoff at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            sanogo is available for a loan.
                            No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X