Players Harry has signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players Harry has signed

The list below are the players Harry has signed in our current squad.

Caulker, Ferdinand, Phillips, Austin, Fer, McCarthy, Yun, Isla, Vargas, Dunne, Henry, Mutch, Kranjcar and Sandro.

14 players, that's it and to be fair it's a good bunch on the whole. Rio, Mutch, Phillips and Kranjcar for me are the only bad performers. Sandro has been decent but he's made of glass so I can understand people not liking his signing.

Now look at the remaining squad players.

Green, Traore, Hill, Barton, Wright-Phillips, Onuoha, Faurlin, Murphy, Hoilett, Zamora and Taarabt.

For me Green is the only decent player. Faurlin is an exception due to his recent injuries and Taarabt due to his attitude. The rest are Championship players for me.

My point? Harry has built a decent squad with his signings and I'm not sure why people think otherwise?

What happened last January? The board refused to back him so he had no option but to scrape the barrel. It didn't work and we got very lucky. I hope the board don't make the same mistake twice, it's looking that way though and this time, we'll be in all kinds of trouble.

Has Harry done a brilliant job? No! However, he's done ok. Would any other potential manager have us sitting on many more points than we currently have with this squad? Doubt it!

Will Harry keep us up if he's given funds to strengthen the squad? Based on the information above, you'd have to say yes. Will Harry keep us up with no investment? It'll be a tough challenge!
    Last edited by Mattyqpr; 04-01-2015, 07:59 PM.

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Caulker, Ferdinand, Phillips, Austin, Fer, McCarthy, Yun, Isla, Vargas, Dunne, Henry, Mutch, Kranjcar and Sandro.

14 players, that's it and to be fair it's a good bunch on the whole. Rio, Mutch and Kranjcar for me are the only bad performers. Sandro has been decent but he's made of glass so I can understand people not liking his signing.

Green, Traore, Hill, Barton, Wright-Phillips, Onuoha, Faurlin, Murphy, Hoilett, Zamora and Taarabt.

For me Green is the only decent player. Faurlin is an exception due to his recent injuries and Taarabt due to his attitude. The rest are Championship players for me.

My point? Harry has built a decent squad with his signings and I'm not sure why people think otherwise?

What happened last January? The board refused to back him so he had no option but to scrape the barrel. It didn't work and we got very lucky. I hope the board don't make the same mistake twice, it's looking that way though and this time, we'll be in all kinds of trouble.

Has Harry done a brilliant job? No! However, he's done ok. Would any other potential manager have us sitting on many more points than we currently have with this squad? Doubt it!

Will Harry keep us up if he's given funds to strengthen the squad? Based on the information above, you'd have to say yes. Will Harry keep us up with no investment? It'll be a tough challenge!
    Agreed on all of that
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Good post Matty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

14 players, that's it and to be fair it's a good bunch on the whole. Rio, Mutch and Kranjcar for me are the only bad performers. Sandro has been decent but he's made of glass so I can understand people not liking his signing.

This is why I think he should be made director of football (in charge of transfers etc) and have a manager/coach brought in to manage. At the moment we have a number of people who are supposed to be coaching but nobody in overall charge. I am disappointed with Hoddle. I thought he would do a better job but he is only looking on it as a part time job and is preoccupied with other things.

Comment

I like Niko. He a good sub.

Comment

good post matty. only bone to pick is that i think niko has been a good signing.
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I cant agree that Niko has been bad but that's my opinion. Other than that, good post

Comment

Niko will split opinions, for me, he's not good enough and wasn't last season but football is all about opinions and I respect what others think.

Comment

Working...
                X