This nonsense about no money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This nonsense about no money

Why don't we suddenly have no money? Fernandes was talking about the board writing off the £170m of debt 6 months ago!

Lots of promises but no action as far as I'm concerned in the last year. How about they forget about building a stadium and training ground that's not essential and put money into the playing staff which will enable the club to sustain Premier League football, which will pay for a training ground and stadium for years to come!

It's all a complete waste of time unless we're a Premier League club, something we won't be for a long, long time if we go down in May!

Probably told redknapp he's got no money . He's had enough off of the board and nows the time to deliver . I've no doubt a new man would be given funds to try and rectify this ####ing shambles

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
      Why don't we suddenly have no money? Fernandes was talking about the board writing off the £170m of debt 6 months ago!

Lots of promises but no action as far as I'm concerned in the last year. How about they forget about building a stadium and training ground that's not essential and put money into the playing staff which will enable the club to sustain Premier League football, which will pay for a training ground and stadium for years to come!

It's all a complete waste of time unless we're a Premier League club, something we won't be for a long, long time if we go down in May!
      Yeah how can there be no money, if we don't get some new players in we will go down for sure.

Comment

I think it is more to do with FFP.

Comment

Financial Fair Play is no doubt a factor!

Comment

FFP for the Premier League on overall losses doesn't come in until 2016. It's based over 3 years and can't be more than £105m. Given that TV revenue alone is worth around £70m a season, this won't be a problem if we spend now and sustain our Premier League status.

Comment

FFP for the Premier League on overall losses doesn't come in until 2016. It's based over 3 years and can't be more than £105m. Given that TV revenue alone is worth around £70m a season, this won't be a problem if we spend now and sustain our Premier League status.
              But what happens if we spend even more and we still go down? Massive, fine, transfer embargo and a slippery slope to no longer existing I would guess!

Comment

Originally posted by ZANNEYQPR View Post
                Yeah how can there be no money, if we don't get some new players in we will go down for sure.
                That's what I was going to say.
                If there are no new signings this month QPR will be relegated.
                Without Austin the goals will dry up.
                Ferdinand is washed up so there isnt adequate CB cover.
                Traore is not good enough so as above for left back cover for Yun.
                The wingers don't appear to know how or have the confidence to produce effective wing play.
                The squad includes Taarabt SWP and Murphy who dont play, so it is like having a 22 man squad.
                New signings are vital or QPR can look forward to a relegation dog fight and almost certain return to the Championship.
                Last edited by stanistheman; 04-01-2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  But what happens if we spend even more and we still go down? Massive, fine, transfer embargo and a slippery slope to no longer existing I would guess!
                  QPR already face a huge fine regardless of whether they add to their debt. whilst I do not think the Board should give Redkrapp £20M, it makes no sense not to spend to improve the squad this month.

Comment

I reckon redknapp is bluffing and money will be made availiable.

Comment

I asked about the FFP on another thread. I don't really understand it. If we go down, do we have to pay a fine (which we didn't actually agree to because we weren't in the Championship when it was voted on) or do we have a transfer embargo.

Is anybody able to explain it simply.

Also there is a possibility that it will change. It was set to begin in 2015 and has now been put off until 2016. Even if it is imposed in 2016, I am sure that there will be all sorts of legal complications.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                        I asked about the FFP on another thread. I don't really understand it. If we go down, do we have to pay a fine (which we didn't actually agree to because we weren't in the Championship when it was voted on) or do we have a transfer embargo.

Is anybody able to explain it simply.

Also there is a possibility that it will change. It was set to begin in 2015 and has now been put off until 2016. Even if it is imposed in 2016, I am sure that there will be all sorts of legal complications.
                        as far as i understand it... (and assuming that the accounts for last season do show a loss that's outside the £8m allowance (which is pretty much a given)), then:

we will be fined regardless of whether we get relegated or not. transfer embargo only applies to teams that break the rules but don't get promoted/relegated

the club will almost undoubtedly contest the fine and presumably will not pay the full amount until they reach some form of agreement with the football league.

if we do get relegated before we reach an agreement with the football league, the football league could refuse the club entry into its competitions (championship, leagues 1 and 2 and the league cup).

the rules in place for the football league have already changed with the fines now being based on the profit/loss over 3 seasons rather than just 1 season and the allowed losses can be higher. it's likely that the change in the rules will be one of the main arguments that the club will use when contesting the fine. this article explains the rule changes and the potential implications for our appeal better than i could.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                          as far as i understand it... (and assuming that the accounts for last season do show a loss that's outside the £8m allowance (which is pretty much a given)), then:

we will be fined regardless of whether we get relegated or not. transfer embargo only applies to teams that break the rules but don't get promoted/relegated

the club will almost undoubtedly contest the fine and presumably will not pay the full amount until they reach some form of agreement with the football league.

if we do get relegated before we reach an agreement with the football league, the football league could refuse the club entry into its competitions (championship, leagues 1 and 2 and the league cup).

the rules in place for the football league have already changed with the fines now being based on the profit/loss over 3 seasons rather than just 1 season and the allowed losses can be higher. it's likely that the change in the rules will be one of the main arguments that the club will use when contesting the fine. this article explains the rule changes and the potential implications for our appeal better than i could.
                          Thanks for the information. As far as I understand Leicester are in the same position with a possible 20 million fine. I assume that they will also appeal against the ruling.

If the club contest the ruling and take legal action (and this could take years), I'm pretty sure the football league can not take any action against the club until a decision is agreed upon. It's like a player appealing if he gets sent off. His suspension would not start until a decision has been made.

Comment

So we lose Remy just before deadline day for £7mill+. Wheres the money for the replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              So we lose Remy just before deadline day for £7mill+. Wheres the money for the replacement?
                              We did not get anybody and it appears that the board has decided that in the January transfer window, we only get loans.

Comment

Working...
                              X