No announcement yet.

Time for the board.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our board did the same last January, tightened the purse strings when it was clear we were sorely in need of another striker - and it so very nearly cost us promotion - now it looks like they're going to make the same mistake again. As Matty says, our squad is in dire need of improvement in all departments, we should be looking to sign at the very least a proven striker and midfielder, preferably a proper winger (or two) as well..

They seem to get it wrong every season - spend too much on the wrong players, spend too little on the right ones. Vacillating Redknapp only makes it worse, dithers over signings, look at this Zarate farce for example..

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      If you write off the 170m doesn't mean you get 170m cash. It just means you don't have to service it or repay when due. I'd imagine we had to pay a sizeable fee to write this off.
      His other businesses have not had good times, not sure we've got loads to spend.
      What do you mean you don't get it as cash? I said nothing of the sort. I questioned the apparent intention to personally write of a huge debt, something you can't do if you don't have any capital!

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        a defeat at Burnley will be the end for Harry. Can see the vitriol against him and his motley crew make his position impossible
        I don't think Harry is the problem, granted he's not been brilliant but he's hardly been backed to the hilt. Don't think another manager would have many more points at this stage with the squad at his disposal.

Comment

I don't mind loans ......but that isn't happening either....

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            What do you mean you don't get it as cash? I said nothing of the sort. I questioned the apparent intention to personally write of a huge debt, something you can't do if you don't have any capital!
            Not as close to the accounts as didn't realise it was his debt. However, if he's written it off he'll see that as effectively giving us 170m, so less likely to just invest more money. Harry's definitely playing the "i've got no money to spend" card.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Not as close to the accounts as didn't realise it was his debt. However, if he's written it off he'll see that as effectively giving us 170m, so less likely to just invest more money. Harry's definitely playing the "i've got no money to spend" card.

yes he is

Comment

Working...
              X