Remy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remy

I'm not sure why but I have a feeling all this uncertainty to do with Zarate is based on the possible return of Loic Remy.

Remy was ready to commit and sign a new contract before Chelsea came calling and as we know, he's loved by TF and Harry. Remy hasn't had a kick at Chelsea and is even behind Drogba, currently third choice.

Chelsea are on the brink of signing striker Andrej Kramaric from Rijeka for 7.5 million. Rumours suggest Kramaric is to be loaned out, possibly to Leicester but it would make sounder financial sense if they were to loan Remy out. I highly doubt Remy is happy being third choice at Chelsea and a loan move back to Rangers would suit everyone.

I guess it all stands on the viewpoint of what they want to do with Kramaric. Are they happy for him to be third choice and not get much football or do they want him to be playing every week.

Or....could Kramaric be on his way to LR on loan from the Bridge?

Let him rot. Unless of course Chelsea pay the difference between his full salary and what we would pay for a second choice striker.

As for not being happy on the bench, he should have thought about that in August when only he thought it would be different.

Comment

If they sign the croation in January, then yeah I reckon either him or Remy will be loaned out. The croation would probably go on loan to a side in the europa or CL. Not sure about Remy...he wanted CL football didn't he..but would any of the 16 teams currently in the CL take him? If not then yeah we would have a chance of getting him back.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Let him rot. Unless of course Chelsea pay the difference between his full salary and what we would pay for a second choice striker.

As for not being happy on the bench, he should have thought about that in August when only he thought it would be different.
        Being on the bench is one thing, at least you will make sub appearances and have a shot at proving yourself. I don't think anyone expected him to be last in the pecking order..behind 36 yr old Drogba.
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Is there any substance to this rumour? A decent source or anything?

I have to be honest, it all sounds a bit far fetched to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Is there any substance to this rumour? A decent source or anything?

I have to be honest, it all sounds a bit far fetched to me!
            Think Redknapp joked about it last week when talking about teams that would loan you top strikers, think that's why some reckon he could be on his way back to W12

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              I'm not sure why but I have a feeling all this uncertainty to do with Zarate is based on the possible return of Loic Remy.

Remy was ready to commit and sign a new contract before Chelsea came calling and as we know, he's loved by TF and Harry. Remy hasn't had a kick at Chelsea and is even behind Drogba, currently third choice.

Chelsea are on the brink of signing striker Andrej Kramaric from Rijeka for 7.5 million. Rumours suggest Kramaric is to be loaned out, possibly to Leicester but it would make sounder financial sense if they were to loan Remy out. I highly doubt Remy is happy being third choice at Chelsea and a loan move back to Rangers would suit everyone.

I guess it all stands on the viewpoint of what they want to do with Kramaric. Are they happy for him to be third choice and not get much football or do they want him to be playing every week.

Or....could Kramaric be on his way to LR on loan from the Bridge?
              Be careful what mushrooms you eat....some of em can have a strange effect on you!

Comment

I would have them both in if its on loan Remy and Zarate chance to rotate that's before even mentioning Austin. Goals keep you in this league

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                  Think Redknapp joked about it last week when talking about teams that would loan you top strikers, think that's why some reckon he could be on his way back to W12
                  Yeah, I saw the press conference where Harry said that, clearly wasn't being serious though was he?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    I would have them both in if its on loan Remy and Zarate chance to rotate that's before even mentioning Austin. Goals keep you in this league
                    and defoe....YEEE-HAAA......

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Yeah, I saw the press conference where Harry said that, clearly wasn't being serious though was he?!!!
                      No, I doubt he was being serious but something is going on with a domestic loan/signing as there would be no need to suddenly stall the Zarate deal. Zarate had a medical on Tuesday, the deal would have been signed and sealed by now and he'd be training with us ahead of his registration being confirmed tomorrow. Zarate would also have been at the game yesterday, I'm not aware he was?

You can only have two domestic loans and Harry wants players in sharpish. Everything is pointing towards a better option than Zarate.

It could be a couple of reasons. The first being, 'the better option' would be a domestic loan and Harry doesn't want to sign Zarate then restrict himself to only one more domestic loan. The other being, we need the money that the Zarate deal will cost to put towards something better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                        No, I doubt he was being serious but something is going on with a domestic loan/signing as there would be no need to suddenly stall the Zarate deal. Zarate had a medical on Tuesday, the deal would have been signed and sealed by now and he'd be training with us ahead of his registration being confirmed tomorrow. Zarate would also have been at the game yesterday, I'm not aware he was?

You can only have two domestic loans and Harry wants players in sharpish. Everything is pointing towards a better option than Zarate.

It could be a couple of reasons. The first being, 'the better option' would be a domestic loan and Harry doesn't want to sign Zarate then restrict himself to only one more domestic loan. The other being, we need the money that the Zarate deal will cost to put towards something better.
                        That better option would be Demba Ba...according to Twitter!!

Comment

Remy showed his colours chasing the wage packet by choosing us over Newcastle,then on to Chelsea.

Plays for the salary only and has no desire.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                            Remy showed his colours chasing the wage packet by choosing us over Newcastle,then on to Chelsea.

Plays for the salary only and has no desire.
                            Based on what? If I remember rightly, we offered the same terms as Newcastle. Remy wanted Champions League football, that's the only reason he left. Anyway, I'd pay him as much as possible and not care about his desire. The lad scores goals and his wages are a drop in the ocean to the income generated by being in the PL.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                              That better option would be Demba Ba...according to Twitter!!
                              Yeah I read that the other day, would be a brilliant signing and one I'd prefer over Zarate. It would also make more sense as he'd be a foreign loan and still leave us with two domestic loans, two wingers hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                              X