Tactically Inept - tactics were Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactically Inept - tactics were Wrong

Tactically Inept, Got his tactics from ..
    These are the standards line i hear /read from many people that talk about Harry Redknapp

As a manager that has got multiple teams promoted Won the FA cup.. and has been in football management since 1982.

So i find it very difficult that a person that spends a maximum 90 mins a week watching the team knows more about the game.

So with that in mind what has Mr Harry got so wrong.. and what would you have done differently?

This always amuses me when fans call out about being tactically inept or team shapes are wrong or this player shouldn't play, Fans always react after a game so hindsight is a wonderful thing , but all fans from all clubs challenge managers its just the done thing even though most if not all have never managed a Sunday side let alone a semi pro club side. Harry has been in the game a lot of years , what is he now 67? Must be doing something right

Comment

I love this post so much. Training is done fine, I have indeed seen this fact. In fact, in all my travels around the country watching training sessions, we are actually quite high up in terms of how we run training sessions. The tactics have been fine and so many of our goals have come about from individual errors over team mistakes. When one player messes up the board goes crazy and starts saying the tactics cost us. I'm not sure who it was who slid in yesterday (Barton?) but if he had stayed on his feet and shadowed Ki, they wouldn't have gotten that goal. Are tactics responsible? no ofcourse not.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

My only complaint is that he has not set them free away from home. I don't think we can argue with the home record as one defeat on the opening day and undefeated since then is b loody good but away we have been abysmal and I think a huge part of that is the mentality and tactics they are sent out with that's my only complaint and only thing I would change

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I'm not sure who it was who slid in yesterday (Barton?) but if he had stayed on his feet and shadowed Ki, they wouldn't have gotten that goal. Are tactics responsible? no ofcourse not.
          Barton missed the tackle in middle of the pitch but there was a lot of football that went on after that where we could have rectified the problem. Barton and Henry were both on yellows by that stage had they not been I have no doubt Ki would have been dragged down or taken out to end the move

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Barton missed the tackle in middle of the pitch but there was a lot of football that went on after that where we could have rectified the problem. Barton and Henry were both on yellows by that stage had they not been I have no doubt Ki would have been dragged down or taken out to end the move
            Agree on that. As I have previously said, hindsight is wonderful but they did everything they could to stop the goal and got unlucky
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              My only complaint is that he has not set them free away from home. I don't think we can argue with the home record as one defeat on the opening day and undefeated since then is b loody good but away we have been abysmal and I think a huge part of that is the mentality and tactics they are sent out with that's my only complaint and only thing I would change
              You not counting Liverpool Wests, as we scored two of their goals for them?

Comment

Originally posted by PompeyRanger View Post
                Tactically Inept, Got his tactics from ..
                These are the standards line i hear /read from many people that talk about Harry Redknapp

As a manager that has got multiple teams promoted Won the FA cup.. and has been in football management since 1982.

So i find it very difficult that a person that spends a maximum 90 mins a week watching the team knows more about the game.

So with that in mind what has Mr Harry got so wrong.. and what would you have done differently?
                Just more 'arry bashing..........players ba**sed it up....Bony had too much room...both centre mids were there inside the box in front of him and neither got a
                block or a tackle in....watch Clints reaction

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  You not counting Liverpool Wests, as we scored two of their goals for them?
                  Ouch I forgot that Brights as was a morale victory

Comment

Working...
                  X