Zamora and Set Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zamora and Set Pieces

Now Bobby to me is quite a big lump and should be one of our targets in the area when the ball goes in the box from set pieces but he always takes up a position in front of the keeper (usually ends in free kick against us) to block him. For me were missing a trick and we should have him as another big man attacking the ball when it coming in.

With Bobby, Caulker, Dunne and Hill, if he is on, all attacking the penalty spot we would surely win more attacking duels in the air then we would lose

Standing in front of the GK almost 99.9% of the time results in the GK winning a free kick, its a completely pointless exercise.

Comment

Agree Burns that's why think it would be better to see him getting his head on the end of the cross

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Agree Burns that's why think it would be better to see him getting his head on the end of the cross
        Yep, the ref then warns BZ for jostling and what does he do he carries on a nd commits the foul. Like you say how about a well drilled set piece for a change.

Comment

Decent against WBA where think all three goals came from set pieces but like you would love us to work on some crafty training ground exercises

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
            Yep, the ref then warns BZ for jostling and what does he do he carries on a nd commits the foul. Like you say how about a well drilled set piece for a change.
            That would involve practice during training. Is it any wonder why QPR dont score many from set pieces yet have conceded 11 - the joint highest with Palace.

i have no idea what they do during training, but set pieces and team play in away games doesnt seem to be part of the agenda.

Comment

We have scored from set pieces though Stan, so that's total ########

Comment

bobby is useless in the air for a big fella he can't jump

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  That would involve practice during training. Is it any wonder why QPR dont score many from set pieces yet have conceded 11 - the joint highest with Palace.

i have no idea what they do during training, but set pieces and team play in away games doesnt seem to be part of the agenda.
                  I don't think they train during the week leading upto an away game.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

This is b*llocks, we've scored from loads of set pieces this season.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                      We have scored from set pieces though Stan, so that's total ########
                      I said dont score many!
                      A few this season from corners but how many from free kicks?

Comment

Also, what tactics do QPR have for away games? From what I have seen there is no pattern of play or real shape to their game. When they do go on a rare attack it only seems to be 3 or 4 players getting anywhere near the opponents area.

Comment

Working...
                        X