Our left sided problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our left sided problem

Yun is now out for six weeks which is a blow as he was looking very solid at left back and leaves us with the much loved Clint Hill who is OK defensively but doesn't offer much going forward. Traore I have always wanted to come good but was such a disaster defensively at Arsenal I like many are losing patience with him and Harry seems to agree as he was banished against Palace. Hoilett perhaps unfairly criticised but there is an issue with end product. Adel - seems no way back for him, with Harry proving very stubborn, even to the point of cutting off his nose to spite his face. Fer has been played out on the left but clearly not his best position and looks uncomfortable/ wasted. Nico is imho probably the best bet as he can actually play there, but very much as a left sided midfielder rather than someone who can attack down the wing - he is slower than an Austin Allegro during a petrol shortage.

Yet the wingers we are linked with - Townsend and Lennon - are as I understand it almost entirely right wingers (though I believe I have seen Lennon play on the left?). This is not imho a priority position because the two Chileans link up pretty well down that side, plus Barton can play out there and (if we are really desperate) the two sub-standard Philips.

A good left sided player is arguably now our most pressing immediate need.

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Yun is now out for six weeks which is a blow as he was looking very solid at left back and leaves us with the much loved Clint Hill who is OK defensively but doesn't offer much going forward. Traore I have always wanted to come good but was such a disaster defensively at Arsenal I like many are losing patience with him and Harry seems to agree as he was banished against Palace. Hoilett perhaps unfairly criticised but there is an issue with end product. Adel - seems no way back for him, with Harry proving very stubborn, even to the point of cutting off his nose to spite his face. Fer has been played out on the left but clearly not his best position and looks uncomfortable/ wasted. Nico is imho probably the best bet as he can actually play there, but very much as a left sided midfielder rather than someone who can attack down the wing - he is slower than an Austin Allegro during a petrol shortage.

Yet the wingers we are linked with - Townsend and Lennon - are as I understand it almost entirely right wingers (though I believe I have seen Lennon play on the left?). This is not imho a priority position because the two Chileans link up pretty well down that side, plus Barton can play out there and (if we are really desperate) the two sub-standard Philips.

A good left sided player is arguably now our most pressing immediate need.
    I think it was a question of Townsend or Lennon, not both.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      I think it was a question of Townsend or Lennon, not both.
      Yes I appreciate that - apologies: phrased it badly in my original post - but my point was that whichever of the two we end up with (if indeed either) then both as I understand it are more comfortable on the right. We need to stop playing people out of position, it doesn't work.

Comment

We'll sign Sinclair

Comment

My fear of Lennon is that he is just a quicker version of Hoillett can't think of many chanced he has created given his pace

Comment

[QUOTE=stainrodisalegend;1361713]Yes I appreciate that - apologies: phrased it badly in my original post - but my point was that whichever of the two we end up with (if indeed either) then both as I understand it are more comfortable on the right. We need to stop playing people out of position, it doesn't work.[/QUOT

Isla has been great out of his position.
            Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 31-12-2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

toare is farking dogshyte. we need to rid him and a few others tomorrow.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Should of kept hold of Robinson, instead of wasting a squad number on SWP!!
                Robinson still had experience of playing for Liverpool and Under 21's, and is looking great at moment on loan.

Comment

Working...
                X