Some perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some perspective

At least to me year 2014 has been one of the best EVER as a QPR supporter: play offs, Wembley, ooh Bobby Zamora, Premier League, good home form, Charlie Austin.
    Doesn't feel like it when reading your posts, though.

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    At least to me year 2014 has been one of the best EVER as a QPR supporter: play offs, Wembley, ooh Bobby Zamora, Premier League, good home form, Charlie Austin.
    I wonder why? Hmm, let's see. Last season's team was strong enough to have gotten promoted without the nerve-wrecking process of going through the play-offs and relying on a last-gasp goal? The aged manager under whom we barely made it back to the PL has remained in charge, resulting in our constant flirting with relegation and abysmal away form, if you could call zero points away a "form"? The club plunging into enormous debt with little to show for it? Of course none of these things are legitimate reasons to feel worried, so our negativity must be purely irrational
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Anyone who went to the playoff final would not change that day for anything. In hindsight not going up automatically was one of the best things that's happened to me in my years of supporting QPR. So I agree with the OP that it's a year I will never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
        I wonder why? Hmm, let's see. Last season's team was strong enough to have gotten promoted without the nerve-wrecking process of going through the play-offs and relying on a last-gasp goal? The aged manager under whom we barely made it back to the PL has remained in charge, resulting in our constant flirting with relegation and abysmal away form, if you could call zero points away a "form"? The club plunging into enormous debt with little to show for it? Of course none of these things are legitimate reasons to feel worried, so our negativity must be purely irrational
        What a bore

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
          What a bore
          Sure, truth is boring, let's all fantasize.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

There is another QPR site out there that would welcome you with open arms with opinions lke that

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
              What a bore
              Seconded. You might have known he would be first to jump on the OP.

Comment

Sure, truth is boring, let's all fantasize.
                Or let's all have a life!!

Comment

I hear all those things but the bottom line is, we are in the prem, and not in the bottom 3 and other pluses are, around 12 players in the squad aged 25 and under with hopefully more to come, if HR had taken over instead of Sparkless, we would be in Southampton or West Ham's position. I have had my issues with HR but facts are fact, and do you know what the best thing about HR is?

He is a lucky
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Absolute baloney! GREAT year!! We are in the Premier League! A sense of proportion is needed. Do you remember Vauxhall Motors? Or those away games at places like Crewe, Chesterfield, Hartlepool? FFS man that wasn't that long ago!

Comment

Personally I've loved 2014!!! The playoffs was the best thing I've ever been involved in... What drama. Away at Wigan was great... At home to Wigan even better... And wow Wembley was my dream...

Anyone else who would of thought we would be that much better off than we are given the fact we are newly promoted and 2 weeks before the season we only had 13 players is massively deluded....

To a equally nail biting and enjoyable 2015 ... You rrrrs

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        Gets my vote for thread of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                          Personally I've loved 2014!!! The playoffs was the best thing I've ever been involved in... What drama. Away at Wigan was great... At home to Wigan even better... And wow Wembley was my dream...

Anyone else who would of thought we would be that much better off than we are given the fact we are newly promoted and 2 weeks before the season we only had 13 players is massively deluded....

To a equally nail biting and enjoyable 2015 ... You rrrrs
                          Here here! Now ain't that the truth...

Comment

Yes, we were wrongly promoted, but you should be old enough to know s**t happens.

Comment

I genuinely believe if you were in the country at the time and attended that amazing day you would feel a whole lot different. Best day of my life (them semis were not too shabby either). And i thank every single person involved for making me be a part of that. And that includes harold and his incompetence at not making us run away with the league cos he spent billions . Winning the play off final is the most exciting and satisfying way to go up, and everyone knows that.

Comment

Working...
                              X