Up for the Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    I'm probably just making the same points I made a year ago but are we really now so sad that all we care about is trying to make sure we continue to be allowed to play with the big boys? Are we so scared of getting an injury that we aren't prepared to actually try to win something?

I guess so.

To JM's point: yes, we lost Mackie in a Cup match but didn't we win the league?!
    We already had a lot of points on the board at that time and after that we did not do so well. Some of this was possibly due to the fuss over Ali Faurlin.

Comment

Would go for a weakened side but one still strong enough that we should see Sheff Utd off, get a couple of players in the shop window, something like:

McCarthy
      Nedum Rio Hill Traore
      SWP Niko Barton Phillips
      Tarbs
      Vargas
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I'm probably just making the same points I made a year ago but are we really now so sad that all we care about is trying to make sure we continue to be allowed to play with the big boys? Are we so scared of getting an injury that we aren't prepared to actually try to win something?

I guess so.

To JM's point: yes, we lost Mackie in a Cup match but didn't we win the league?!
        Difference being we were more of a team then, by that I mean, we had a number of players capable of winning games. If Charlie got injured, it would be nigh on impossible to stay up in my opinion.

Personally, I want us out of it asap! It would be great to have a run but the negatives far outweigh the positives. Fixture build up, potential injuries etc.

It's unthinkable that we get relegated, I can't stress that enough with our current financial position and the incoming revenue that comes with being a Premier League club. We have absolutely no option but stay up and build the club. If we survive this season, next season will be another battle but looking at the clubs that will potentially get promoted, it should be "easier". After two full seasons and depending on our position in January of our third season, then we can look at the Cup as a competition to take serious.

Comment

We should be able to rest a couple of players and still beat SU. That's what the squad is for. Trouble is that half the squad don't perform as well as expected when called on. Think we should try and win it but not take any unnecessary risks.

Comment

play the best 11 , i have fantastic memories of wba at highbury in 82 then the 2 games v spurs and then in 86 seeing off chelsea and liverpool only to get hammered by oxford at wembley , i'd like my 3 sons to have similar memories .football is about winning and the big occasions, days out with your mates and memories . i'm fed up with buying tkts to cup games to see us get done by rochdale, mk dons, vauxhall motors

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              play the best 11 , i have fantastic memories of wba at highbury in 82 then the 2 games v spurs and then in 86 seeing off chelsea and liverpool only to get hammered by oxford at wembley , i'd like my 3 sons to have similar memories .football is about winning and the big occasions, days out with your mates and memories . i'm fed up with buying tkts to cup games to see us get done by rochdale, mk dons, vauxhall motors
              You won't be buying just cup tickets, it'll be regular league games against Rochdale and MK Dons if we don't stay up!

Comment

Our normal team is week, so who do you play?
                You Rsssssss

Comment

It's that time of year again. Just wondering where everybody sits now on the importance of the FA Cup to us. Should we go for it or not?
                  We all know that Redknapp will field a reserve side for this on Sunday. I expect SWP Phillips Hoilett Hill Ferdinand Mutch and maybe Taarabt to all have a starting place. Sheff Utd to do what MK Dons did last year. Their odds were 5/5 but now 3/1 on Bet 365.

Comment

Would like us to give it a go the players have a week to get over it? Plus we have a very important league game away at Burnley, a game we really can't afford to lose ,so a difficult question!!!

Comment

Give Zarate a game if he signs before Sunday.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        Give Zarate a game if he signs before Sunday.

I agree.

I am half expecting the following side:

McCarthy
                        Onuoha Ferdinand Hill Traore
                        Phillips/Hoilett Krancjar Mutch SWP
                        Zarate Taarabt or Phillips/Hoilett

This lot at home should still be able to beat Sheff Utd if they are up to putting in a shift.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          I agree.

I am half expecting the following side:

McCarthy
                          Onuoha Ferdinand Hill Traore
                          Phillips/Hoilett Krancjar Mutch SWP
                          Zarate Taarabt or Phillips/Hoilett

This lot at home should still be able to beat Sheff Utd if they are up to putting in a shift.
                          Would rest Hill because he is probably going to be needed in the Premiership until Yun is fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X