Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Change to the sort of players we need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Change to the sort of players we need?

After the recent performances, what position do we want to sign urgently. For me, It would be a simple passing CM, a pacey winger who can cross and a striker who can cover for Charlie. My Ideals would be Diarra, Sinclair, Michiel Kramer
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Agree with all three shouts Nasser.

Not sure who Kramer is?? Price? Gettable?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
      Agree with all three shouts Nasser.

Not sure who Kramer is?? Price? Gettable?
      Yea he is the top scorer in the Eredivisie, about 6'4, clever with his feet, valued at about 880k. He plays like a better Zamora from what i've seen.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Yea he is the top scorer in the Eredivisie, about 6'4, clever with his feet, valued at about 880k. He plays like a better Zamora from what i've seen.
        880k is a giveaway in current football climate. Gotta worth a punt for that amount alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          880k is a giveaway in current football climate. Gotta worth a punt for that amount alone.
          880k peanuts in today's money, agreed he would be worth a gamble

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
            880k peanuts in today's money, agreed he would be worth a gamble
            Just to give you a comparison to who in the prem he is like, think of Graziano Pelle or a Tall Bony

Comment

Just to give you a comparison to who in the prem he is like, think of Graziano Pelle or a Tall Bony
              Christ. Whys no one gone for him then? Sounds to good to be true for that kind of dosh.

Comment

Cue Matty...

Comment

Including Zarate in our current squad I think we need two wingers and a striker. A left back if one is available.

The striker ideally needs to be a target man type, as for me, Bobby has been ineffective for most games, as he's obviously struggling with fitness. Bobby is still doing a job, don't get me wrong but we need a bit more from him. Crouch is the stand out choice for me. I thought he was brilliant at LR in the league game and everytime I've watched Stoke, he's done well. I think Stoke won't mind losing him on a free in the summer though, so can't see it happening unless Crouch digs his heels in for the move. Saying all that, someone like Defoe and Charlie up front would be brilliant, so it's not essential he's a target man.

Again though, do we have money? I find it strange that we had a bid accepted for Borini for around 15 million on deadline day and agreed a deal to sign Defoe for 6 million, yet none of this money is now available? The only reason Defoe didn't sign in August was due to a misunderstanding of the transfer date, the fee was actually agreed.

The signing of Zarate makes me doubt the Defoe deal, but Harry has said he ideally wants two strikers as Vargas is better suited out wide, something I agree with. Austin, Zamora, Zarate and Defoe with Vargas as an option also is more than good enough. Zarate can also play wide and in the hole, plenty of options, which could be another reason Harry has decided to go with Zarate and Defoe rather than Crouch, as the options would be limited.

Two wingers with pace is essential, no if's or buts! For me, the two that scream out and both should be available on loan are Aaron Lennon and Scott Sinclair. Lennon would be a worry fitness wise but it's a gamble we have to take. Sinclair hasn't kicked a ball for two years, another gamble in that respect but in the hope of his professionalism, he should be raring to go and prove a point. If both stayed fit, we could have two players on our hands that will increase the danger of our side ten fold. We know Harry likes both players as he tried to sign Lennon in August and Sinclair the August before for our Championship campaign.

The team below has got everything in my opinion and would be more than good enough to survive (If all can stay fit).

Green
                  Isla Dunne Caulker Yun
                  Lennon Sandro Fer Sinclair
                  Austin Zarate (Defoe)

25 man squad would be:

Green, McCarthy, Murphy, Isla, Onuoha, Dunne, Caulker, Ferdinand, Hill, Yun, Lennon, Phillips, Sandro, Fer, Barton, Henry, Mutch, Kranjcar, Sinclair, Hoilett, Austin, Zamora, Zarate, Defoe, Vargas.

Players sold/loaned/left out: Traore, SWP, Taarabt, Faurlin (out for the season).

Comment

Working...
                  X