Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel for Arsenal

All tubes running??? not heard of any issues

Usually the unions are spoiling for a strike on boxing day or have I missed the news

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Usually the unions are spoiling for a strike on boxing day or have I missed the news
    More then likely the drivers have accepted a secret deal for 5 times the normal hourly rate they usually get

Comment

Prob right Paul but will be nice to have a straight forward journey on boxing day

Comment

Few beers in Leicester Square and perhaps lunck in Wong Kei`s then the Piccadilly line for me

Comment

Lunck sounds interesting

Comment

Was thinking of heading Poterhouse in Convent Garden

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
              More then likely the drivers have accepted a secret deal for 5 times the normal hourly rate they usually get
              Good on em.

Comment

[QUOTE=West Acton;1359524]All tubes running??? not heard of any issues

Usually the unions are spoiling for a strike on boxing day or have I missed the news[/Q spoiling... really

Comment

[QUOTE=72bus;1359671]

Usually the unions are spoiling for a strike on boxing day or have I missed the news[/Q spoiling... really
                  Yep

Comment

yeah, heaven forbid ,working men wanting to get paid a decent rate ,for missing boxing day with their families
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      yeah, heaven forbid ,working men wanting to get paid a decent rate ,for missing boxing day with their families
                      Something they all knew would happen when accepting the job in the first place

Glad all their previous strikes have become non events

Comment

Can't agree with that's vesps I'm afraid. Today's not the day for rows over things which are not worth rowing about but roles such as police, prisons,fire brigade, hospitals, airports and trains etc involve unsocial workings hours you know what you signing up for from the outset and the remuneration package in the main reflects it

Comment

Can't agree with that's vesps I'm afraid. Today's not the day for rows over things which are not worth rowing about but roles such as police, prisons,fire brigade, hospitals, airports and trains etc involve unsocial workings hours you know what you signing up for from the outset and the remuneration package in the main reflects it
                          when it comes to boxing day working ,you, the general public have no idea about the local agreements that are in place regarding RMT and ASLEF members,working arrangements ,and the only information you get is from the Right Wing newspapers ,we as drivers ,didnt sign up to ever work Boxing day ,the issues are so complex its untrue , the public dont ever get a chance to see both sides ,and its easy to blame Drivers because we dont have a voice to explain our position .

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                            Something they all knew would happen when accepting the job in the first place

Glad all their previous strikes have become non events
                            Sorry , ive no clue what your trying to say ,
                            " glad all their previous strikes have become non events " ????
                            Whats that supposed to mean ?

Comment

Sorry , ive no clue what your trying to say ,
                              " glad all their previous strikes have become non events " ????
                              Whats that supposed to mean ?
                              It means that by and large we the public have found alternative means of getting to work or visiting friends and family or getting to a football match plus the fact that many members of your unions do not walk out when a strike is called these days means that the last few have been non events

Dont get me wrong I think now is the time for all unions to be stronger then ever as workers rights and conditions are being constantly eroded but you need the public support for any action taken and in mu opinion ASLEF and the RMT go about it all the wrong way though admitedly I would join them if I could as they certainly try and fight hard for their members

Comment

Working...
                              X