boxing day game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing day game

Burnley are having a min applause 5 minuets into there game on boxing day for Clarke Carlisle as he wore the number 5 shirt when playing for them.
    personally I think we should do our Clarke Carlisle superman chant for him plus the very next game is Burnley away something needs to be done between the two clubs !!
    What does everyone think ?
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Originally posted by nuffieldranger View Post
    Burnley are having a min applause 5 minuets into there game on boxing day for Clarke Carlisle as he wore the number 5 shirt when playing for them.
    personally I think we should do our Clarke Carlisle superman chant for him plus the very next game is Burnley away something needs to be done between the two clubs !!
    What does everyone think ?
    Nice idea but not sure its appropiate as he has not died

Perhaps clubs could do a joint statement on the hidden world of depression?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      Do you have to die so that fans can acknowledge you? Surely its a sign of support for an ex-player?

We don't yet know that depression has any relevance to what happened so that would be a bit presumptuous. It might have been just an accident or worse, the lorry driver was at fault.....

Don't see why we can't applaud or sing to let him know we still have fond memories of him and wish him well. Doing something joint at the Burnley game sounds a nice touch to me.

Comment

Hopefully he may even get to the game if he recovers sufficiently enough
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Fabrice Muamba recieved a minutes appluase after surviving a near tragedy, which at this stage we have to assume was the case of Carlisle. I think it would be a really classy gesture personally. As as been mentioned already, to suggest that it was related to Clarke's battle with depression is presumptious in the extreme as well.

Comment

It has been well documented that he has suffered with depression and alcohol problems for many years even by himself in his book but I do accept that I was too presumptious in my previous comment and hopefully the accident was not in any way connected with his personal issues

I hope he continues to improve and it would be great to see him down at Loftus Rd very soon

Comment

I think it's a great idea personally. It's about showing support for a player who gave his all and was liked by the fans.... no different to Villa fans supporting Petrov when he was suffering with cancer.

Comment

where does this endless applause and chanting end in football ,came from a funeral yesterday do not expect anything other than respect shown to imediate family ,these all to often public outpouring of sympathy wears a bit thin
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

wow just a bit of support was all I suggested, still your entitled to your opinion but I will not make any apologise for mine.
                  Clarke gave a lo for his club and I see no problem showing him that we want him better.
                  If he was not depressed he could be now if he has life changing injury's and a bit of support goes a long way.
                  So if it wears a bit thin with you maybe just ignore it.
                  Anyway merry Christmas to you.
                  Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

I never forgave him for leaving us for Leeds to be near his family, then joining Watford 1 year later.

Having said that, obviously I hope he gets better soon

Comment

Working...
                    X