Hate to say it but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate to say it but..

Inevitably our Charlie will be the talk of many a manager this coming Monday morning in their offices & on his form he is looking like he could actually hit 20 goals in his maiden Premier League season so what price does that put on his head?

It's the nature of the beast unfortunately with a club like ours.

I'd stick my neck out and say, age, English, goal scorer. Surely minimum £15-16m

The only two players above him in the PL goalscoring charts are Diego Costa (£32m) and Sergio Aguero (£38m). I'm not insinuating that he is anywhere near as good a footballer as either of them, but goalscorers in the PL are gold dust. If I was on the board I'd start at £20m, and take it from there.....

Comment

Expect him to go this summer. Not this January, however. Not sure an established top ten club would be in for him, bar rubbishy Spurs. Think and hope Charlie will stick around for the rest of this season. And the club won't let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
        The only two players above him in the PL goalscoring charts are Diego Costa (£32m) and Sergio Aguero (£38m). I'm not insinuating that he is anywhere near as good a footballer as either of them, but goalscorers in the PL are gold dust. If I was on the board I'd start at £20m, and take it from there.....
        Could be right mate. Regular scorers in the league & English are like gold dust as you say.

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Expect him to go this summer. Not this January, however. Not sure an established top ten club would be in for him, bar rubbishy Spurs. Think and hope Charlie will stick around for the rest of this season. And the club won't let him go.
        Yep don't see him beyond the summer either unfortunately. Talks of him refusing a new contract the other week. Did we ever find out if that was kosher or not?

Comment

Far from him leaving January or the summer, i think he will be instrumental in helping us sign Ings with both having cop out clauses in their new contracts. IMO.
          "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Given their current woes up front, I could definitely see Liverpool spending whatever's left of the Suarez money on him in January. From there POV, it'd be worth the gamble.

Comment

Although he bought Lambert and let Carrol go, I don't think big strikers feature in Rodgers plan A. Sturridge has dribbling and pace rather than weight and heading abilities.
              Last edited by Olly; 21-12-2014, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Doesn't Charlie have two years left on his contract after this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                  Doesn't Charlie have two years left on his contract after this season?
                  Don't you know that in football contracts only work one way?!

I'm not so sure we will lose Charlie unless we get relegated in which case he is gone. He clearly loves playing for us and I can't see him making a slightly upward move (e.g. Spurs) for pretty much the same money. But if one of the "big four" come in for him it will be a big upward move and lots more money and farewell. Charlie does have some limitations though so I'm hopeful that won't happen.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I reckon Charlie will sign this new 5 year deal with us personally. Not saying he will stay with us for the 5 years but I think he will show loyality to the club that gave him his prem league chance.

Unless a top four team come in I don't see no reason for him to leave just yet. I still think if we stay up this year, Fernandes and co will spend again in the summer and we will be a safe mid table team.

Comment

I'm pretty sure charlie only have one year left on his contract after this season, however, I truly believe he'll sign a new with us as long as we stay up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Briankey81 View Post
                        I'm pretty sure charlie only have one year left on his contract after this season, however, I truly believe he'll sign a new with us as long as we stay up this year.
                        His contract expires in August 2016, so as you say just over a season and a half left.

Comment

I think he will sign and commit to a 5 year deal. The it will be down to us to progress the team and stay in the prem. If Charlie does another 18months with us and keeps his scoring up then we will be laughing.

We might find in 18/24 months that we have established ourselves as a top 10 team and could quite possibly be pushing for a Europeans spot. At 27 Charlie could still move to a big club and we could command a big fee if we aren't quite knocking on a top 7 finish.

Comment

He'll stay in Jan, but leave in the summer if we go down. Top 4 wont come in for him, dont think he suits Liverpool/Everton's style of play. Possibly Spurs but Kane is a similar player so they dont need him.

And like Remy, why would he make a sideways step to a team like Newcastle esp if we give him his new contract. Chiswick is a nice place to live, he's started his own horse racing business down here...

Comment

This is all a bit premature. Don't forget, Charlie failed a medical at Hull and missed part of last season with injury. He's on the crest of a wave, but its very soon to be talking transfers for daft money and surely we wouldn't sell for anything less? As for An England cap -that will happen ask Bobby or a certain Jay Bothroyd!

Comment

Working...
                              X