Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was pen not a Red?

Denying goal scoring opportunity which it was is a red or has rule changed

Lucky to get it to be fair mate. Game changer. And thats the first one like that we have had go our way that i can remember.

Comment

R u four real about 15 bodies I'm box not last man etc. You know your football and only person who has suggested ref card.

Comment

Originally posted by sneezey15 View Post
        R u four real about 15 bodies I'm box not last man etc. You know your football and only person who has suggested ref card.
        Wow, the English language died in this thread.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Denying goal scoring opportunity which it was is a red or has rule changed
          Not a clear goal scoring opportunity West: Fer never had the ball. From what I could see he was fouled twice - held (in a bear hug ffs) when the corner came over and then had his shirt pulled when the resulting shot came in. Well done to the ref for giving the pen and I also agree that it did not warrant a red - the pen was definitely sufficient sanction.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            Not a clear goal scoring opportunity West: Fer never had the ball. From what I could see he was fouled twice - held (in a bear hug ffs) when the corner came over and then had his shirt pulled when the resulting shot came in. Well done to the ref for giving the pen and I also agree that it did not warrant a red - the pen was definitely sufficient sanction.
            Should definitely have been a yellow card, but as we have mentioned the ref wasn't all that so didn't happen

Comment

On current rules it could have been a red, but they are ######## anyway. Should have been a yellow at least, because it is deliberate and not random. Clearly a professional foul. In my opinion they should change the rules, because when you deny a goalscoring opportunity in the box, the opponents get another, i.e. the pen. The red card should only be used when denying a goalscoring opportunity outside the box.
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Ryan Shawcross done this 15 tines in one game without as much as a talking to against us so count ourselves lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by sneezey15 View Post
                  No, I said exactly the same thing in the Ref thread.....

As for people saying this is what happens at corners and lucky to get a pen etc.... AS I said in that thread, the pen was blatant and not your standard hustle at a corner. The first part when Morrison had arms locked round Fer was normal stuff and wasn't given, when it should be, it was when he pulled him back he gave it. That was the right call, BUT, when he gives the pen how is it not a red card!!!? Fer was 2 yards out and about to smack the ball into a gaping net, so how on earth was that not "denying a goal scoring opportunity" as the rule goes....?

The rule is not about last man as some have suggested, but that is normally the barometer when a player's running through towards goal because the applied logic is with no other defenders to challenge, it's a definite goal scoring opportunity. In this instance he was about to kick it into the net right in front of him so clearly a goal scoring opportunity.

To say there's 15 people in the box as a reason it shouldn't be given is just wrong. By that logic no defender would be sent off for using their hand to save a shot from going in the net either.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    No, I said exactly the same thing in the Ref thread.....

As for people saying this is what happens at corners and lucky to get a pen etc.... AS I said in that thread, the pen was blatant and not your standard hustle at a corner. The first part when Morrison had arms locked round Fer was normal stuff and wasn't given, when it should be, it was when he pulled him back he gave it. That was the right call, BUT, when he gives the pen how is it not a red card!!!? Fer was 2 yards out and about to smack the ball into a gaping net, so how on earth was that not "denying a goal scoring opportunity" as the rule goes....?

The rule is not about last man as some have suggested, but that is normally the barometer when a player's running through towards goal because the applied logic is with no other defenders to challenge, it's a definite goal scoring opportunity. In this instance he was about to kick it into the net right in front of him so clearly a goal scoring opportunity.

To say there's 15 people in the box as a reason it shouldn't be given is just wrong. By that logic no defender would be sent off for using their hand to save a shot from going in the net either.
                    You took the words out my mouth Del. Fer is in six yard box the ball is dropping towards him at no speed at all and there is no man on the post from memory so if that's not a goal scoring opportunity not sure what is. That was more of a goal scoring opportunity then some of the reds you see when a defender is sent off for pulling a player down around the half way line with more or less half the pitch still to run

All about opinions though

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      You took the words out my mouth Del. Fer is in six yard box the ball is dropping towards him at no speed at all and there is no man on the post from memory so if that's not a goal scoring opportunity not sure what is. That was more of a goal scoring opportunity then some of the reds you see when a defender is sent off for pulling a player down around the half way line with more or less half the pitch still to run

All about opinions though
                      For most situations yes, but in this instance there should be no alternative opinion.... it is as blatant a goal scoring opportunity as you will ever get, so based on the Rule, which is detailed for everyone to see, there should be no alternative than a red card. The interpretation of the rule and inconsistency is generally a farce.

Comment

Working...
                      X