• Townsend - same old same old

Chance would be a fine thing.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...n-9934979.html

more chance of andy!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
      more chance of andy!!
      Nah, lacks the experience. More likely to be Pete...

Comment

I think we will get Townsend and Sinclair on loan and buy two strikers, hopefully Rhodes will be one.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          I think we will get Townsend and Sinclair on loan and buy two strikers, hopefully Rhodes will be one.
          Townsend, Sinclair and 2 strikers including Rhodes... that would do me just nice Cali!!!!
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

And how much would Blackburn want?
            When we apparently only have 5 mill to spend

Comment

More chance of Southend....

Comment

Probably end up with Heskey and Sir Les up top,if our budget is to be believed.

Comment

Defoe is a done deal so he's one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    Source?

Townsend has been found out at the highest level, lots of huff and puff but rarely an end product. Saying that though, we're not quite the highest level so would love to see him here

Comment

Townsend on a loan but not permanent. He'll never be worth the amount Spurs will price him for.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        I hope not, great striker in his time but hamstrings are gone.
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

I saw through Townsend from the off and quickly realised he's a bit headless with little end product BUT..... he is occasionally effective and causes headaches for defenders. I've often wondered why we don't make Hoillett/Phillips/SWP sit down and watch some videos of Andros and say "DO THAT". ie just persistently charge forwards and never check/stop/look up/look back just keep going balls-out at full pelt into the final third and keep repeating over and over again until something happens. It's crude but also quite fun to watch and chances arise from the chaos that ensues..... far better than the atrocious "wing play" our current 3 wide men serve up. If our guys can't emulate that sort of approach I'd get shot of them and happily bring Andros in on loan to do his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            I saw through Townsend from the off and quickly realised he's a bit headless with little end product BUT..... he is occasionally effective and causes headaches for defenders. I've often wondered why we don't make Hoillett/Phillips/SWP sit down and watch some videos of Andros and say "DO THAT". ie just persistently charge forwards and never check/stop/look up/look back just keep going balls-out at full pelt into the final third and keep repeating over and over again until something happens. It's crude but also quite fun to watch and chances arise from the chaos that ensues..... far better than the atrocious "wing play" our current 3 wide men serve up. If our guys can't emulate that sort of approach I'd get shot of them and happily bring Andros in on loan to do his stuff.
                            He needs a bit of guidence maybe, but more than good enough for us.
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

He needs a bit of guidence maybe, but more than good enough for us.
                              Far better than what we've got ! but more importantly would want to play for us and put a real shift in , or on the otherhand we could opt for I'm not good enough to be in the Prem Phillips or I love running into brickwalls Hoilet or I'm feeling to fragile to play today Traore take your pick

Comment

Working...
                              X