Our ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our ground

I see Derby had 30.000 crowd last night. How did we ever let loftus rd become so small and uncomfortable to watch games, I just wished we used our brains and made it bigger some how. When we downside our ground did they not know we would get into financial trouble one day
    You Rsssssss

What was really criminal was selling the land at the school end for virtual chicken feed. One really big three deck stand there and tbh loftus rd wd prob do us.

Comment

You do know the Derby moved from the Baseball ground don't you?
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Keep it as it is, its the only way we are going to win in the PL!

Comment

when safe standing areas return by 2016 we redevelope lr its job done.....2 4 6 8 we dont wont to relocate!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            What was really criminal was selling the land at the school end for virtual chicken feed. One really big three deck stand there and tbh loftus rd wd prob do us.
            this in a nutshell, stopped us from developing a ground fitting of our support, 30,000ish
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
              You do know the Derby moved from the Baseball ground don't you?
              Good points by all, I want to stay at loftus rd. Derby built for the future we did not
              You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                this in a nutshell, stopped us from developing a ground fitting of our support, 30,000ish
                All that would have done is increased the sale value, not enough land to have made a huge differents to the capacity.
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                  All that would have done is increased the sale value, not enough land to have made a huge differents to the capacity.
                  25,000? Then we cd prob extend then loft and perhaps even other stands by several rows - before you know it i dont think we wd have been too shy of 27/30k capacity which lets be realistic wd do us for all but the biggest games.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                    I see Derby had 30.000 crowd last night. How did we ever let loftus rd become so small and uncomfortable to watch games, I just wished we used our brains and made it bigger some how. When we downside our ground did they not know we would get into financial trouble one day
                    when exactly was LR downsized?
                    I remember Ellerslie and SAR being wooden one tier stands, and remember both being developed and enlarged to what they are today. Don't recall any downsizing in the last fifty odd years, apart from putting in seats where the standing used to be.!!

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                      when exactly was LR downsized?
                      I remember Ellerslie and SAR being wooden one tier stands, and remember both being developed and enlarged to what they are today. Don't recall any downsizing in the last fifty odd years, apart from putting in seats where the standing used to be.!!
                      That what I ment, by putting in uncomfortable bloody seats, I have to turn at an angle or hope the next seat ain't taken
                      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        when safe standing areas return by 2016 we redevelope lr its job done.....2 4 6 8 we dont wont to relocate!
                        East and West Paddock, lower loft and lower School end would make sensible standing areas
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                          East and West Paddock, lower loft and lower School end would make sensible standing areas
                          Sooner done the better
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                            Same as before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                              Sooner done the better
                              Agree, I cannot understand why this can't be done in small grounds/stands. I understand that larger grounds and stands could be difficult because of the sheer numbers involved. Surely they could try it in grounds like ours! Hillsborough was very tragic and should never of happened but it was more down to the stewardship and policing than fans fault.

Used to love to stand in the Loft and the paddocks, never an issue with congestion because we are a small ground. Unfortunately it was the smaller grounds that have suffered more after Hillsborough than the larger grounds.
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X