Who could we ship out in Jan for £££

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    No way to Mutch? I'll have whatever you're smoking Cali....
    Give the kid a chance, I have been following this lad since he was at Birmingham, he has been a good player and will be a good player for us, once he gets a run of games under his belt.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Quite amazed that posters have mentioned mutch in the list of players to go.
      He's come in after an injury(people saying he looks comfortable before it) and is imo finding his feet. Opposing players are looking at a new kid,rusty and in a team not doing it away and it was always going to be tough. We gave it a go last night and if he gets more games under his belt he will do fine. One for the future.
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Hoilett was not bad against Everton, maybe having his best game this season. Warnock may try again for Traore, Adel will surely leave.....as for the others, I can't see SWP leaving before his contract comes to an end. It is still very early to judge Mutch. He did not play many games and feels he will improve by playing.

Comment

Im pretty sure (or rather hopefull) that swp will go to the mls in January. His brother is pleading with him to go out and join him, and his dad is seconding it. So fingers crossed, but i do think hes gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Im pretty sure (or rather hopefull) that swp will go to the mls in January. His brother is pleading with him to go out and join him, and his dad is seconding it. So fingers crossed, but i do think hes gone.
            Hallelujah!

Comment

Id be happy if the club accepted reasonable offers for Hoillett, Philips, Onouha, Taarabt and probably Traore. No point getting rid of good cheap squad players like Henry or even Murphy as we need a 3rd keeper.
              Last edited by Brian Wilson; 17-12-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Taarabt would have to take a massive wage hit to move, its all about what clubs can match the players wage demands, could see Traore going , Phillips also not sure what he is on a year but another club may take a chance on him. I would keep Hoilett and definitely keep Mutch , i honestly believe were are only 2 or 3 players away from having a very good squad.

Comment

I think we've seen enough of Hoilet to know he isn't prem standard. Happy to let him go as long as we have a better replacement lined up such as Townsend. If not no point in selling him in Jan.
                  Adel is clearly angling for a move and finance will play a significant part in him leaving - hopefully one of the Milan clubs will take him on, pay us a million quid and we can all move on!!!!
                  Phillips is the player I am most torn about - clearly there is potential there but his injury record has not given him the opportunity to play regularly for us. My instinct is to keep him and review situation in the summer again if someone better can be found for his position - that is obviously dependent on which league we are in!!!
                  Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                    Hoilett was not bad against Everton, maybe having his best game this season. Warnock may try again for Traore, Adel will surely leave.....as for the others, I can't see SWP leaving before his contract comes to an end. It is still very early to judge Mutch. He did not play many games and feels he will improve by playing.
                    I think the problem with Hoilett is his hamstrings, that electric burst of pace has gone, watch him run, he has developed a shuffling type of style when running/ sprinting to avoid them popping again, the problem is, his game is about that first 3-5yrds burst of speed and without that he is not effective.

Like Owen, once your hamstrings go, that's it, I think we should grab the money now, he will never be the same again and will only get worst!
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                      If the rumours are true, and we have only that £5million to spend, then gotta raise some funds somewhere.

Could we get a fee back for Mutch?
                      What figure for Hoilett?
                      Gotta shift Taarabt as well.
                      There is only one Player that would get us some money - his name is Charlie.
                      But that would not help. Stick to what we but get in two loanies.

Comment

SWP - Free
                        Hoillet - ≈£1M
                        Phillips - ≈£1M
                        Taarabt - Free
                        Rio - Free

Not much in fees there but a fortune in wages
                        I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

charlie austin...............20m to spurs...............remember where you heard it!
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Am bemused that so many people want to get rid of Mutch. the lads barely had put two consecutive games together for us. Hes been injured and needs some time to bed in. Looked a decent player last year so lets give him a chance. I think the same can be said about phillips, been plagued by injury and clearly a confidence player. Needs some consecutive games before we can really judge him.

Phillips and mutch imo far to early to just mug off and a bit ridiculous to be honest.

As for Taarabt, Hoilett, SWP and traore they have been give numerous opportunities and have failed to deliver - between them we might be able to raise 7 - 8 mill and free some wages.

Henry should definitely keep has been fantastic for us this year and gets on with the job and I also think Barton should stay, not so much on form atm but importance to spirit of the club.

Comment

Shouldn't the transfer money we got for Remy still be available, so not sure where the 5 million pounds comes from?

Comment

Working...
                              X