No announcement yet.

Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the rest of the team, he's going to have poor matches, the Leicester home match where he set up all 3 goals seems like a distant memory for some!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Joey consistently delivers crisp and long cross-field passes, better than anyone else on the team. And like many above said, he's all-in for the team when he's on the field. With that said, we're still trying to find the best combo in the midfield. With Sandro out, it's become easier. For my money, it's Barton, Fer, Henry and Kranjcar. Vargas should consistently play up front next to Charlie or Bobby, not in midfield. Hoilett (a spark plug but who can't finish a play with an adequate shot on goal but does shake things up) is a late-in-the-game replacement -- Phillips too green; SWP too far beyond his prime; Mutch with touch of promise but, like Hoilett, has seemed to pose to date little threat to score goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
        One person may have said he was MOM last week so not right to make such a sweeping statement is it?

Multi millionaire footballers are not immune to a bit of criticism now and again believe it or not.

He's been average at best & I'm a big Barton fan.
        It aint a sweeping statement in my opinion.. Bar Green, he was the best player on the pitch. Heard countless people say it around me.
        Im not saying they cant have criticism either am I?.. I'm saying some people are over-reacting because they are hurting from the loss. Yeah, Joey gave the ball away for the goals but to start throwing around comments of, his average, not good enough, shouldn't be in the team is a massive over reaction.. but one I expected from our typical type of fans to be honest... The emotion of QPR always seems to blur our fans vision.

Comment

Think Joey is a massive part of the club on and off the pitch. Out of all our starting 11 he's the voice, talking to everyone, pulling the players together, a real captain. People very quick to pick up on any type of bad pass but dont seem to praise his decent passes and his tackling. IMO he's an all round solid player, the the type of player we need in the middle..... tbh Im surprised there wasn't a Green out style thread after his awful kicking game against Everton.... dont think there should have been 1 by the way its just he didnt have the best games and that what usually happens..
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Barton gave the ball away for the first goal - so what? There was still time for others to put a challenge in and win it back before Barkley took a shot from 30 yards

As for the free-kick. Had that not hit Vargas it would have been saved and no-one would even bother mentioning it.

Comment

Maybe we should have played him yesterday. At least he is still excited by the FA Cup

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...lk-memory.html

Also there was this article in the West London sport

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...ter-fa-8377362

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Maybe we should have played him yesterday. At least he is still excited by the FA Cup

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...lk-memory.html

Also there was this article in the West London sport

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...ter-fa-8377362
                no.

the cup distraction is gone now. he was rested, so now no excuse for anything other than 3 points at turf moor.
                Rangers Til I Die
                follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I think the players have a point. The Cup should not be a distraction. OK perhaps I am one of the old brigade, but I remember when everybody looked forward to the Cup weekend and all of the teams wanted to win the Cup.

I think the idea that the winner of the cup automatically gets a place in the Champions League is good. I also think that only the final should be played at Wembley.

I also think the League Cup should be abandoned. We don't need two competitions and one competition would make the FA Cup of more interest.

Comment

mate, i dont say 'the cup is a distraction' lightly. i would love a cup run, love it. but not this year. weve the new boys on the block, with a real chance of going down, with some real frightening penalty prospects if we DO go down. all culminating in the fact that we are 1 of the few sides that should be able to see it as a distraction. not all this rubbish from sides like newcastle who dont give it an honest go.

but next year or so when we are more firmly rooted in premier league revenues and can give it a go, id be well up for it.

having said all of that, i still went yesterday, and still sang and got behind the club (for the most part. i did give mutch some abuse)
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
                    X