when will our luck change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when will our luck change?

Looking at this cooly - for most of that game we played well. Luck to us not them and we get a result. Th e great Keith Sanderson once said there is no such thing as luck - and I've always agreed with him -and Gary Player said the more he practiced the luckier he got. That being the case, if we keep up the improvement we WILL pick up points if the effort and belief continue. I think we have enough about us to stay up.
    On the other hand - Harry out? not for me.

I'm wondering if we need to make a sacrifice on the pitch, like they did in Turkey when sir Les played there...........................

Comment

Not sure luck had much to do with it. We were solid for much of the first half but lacked belief against a very poor Everton side who were misplacing passes under no pressure and who had lost at home to Palace. I don't think we were unlucky at all ultimately - when they went ahead we all knew it was game over.

Comment

Luck? You make your own luck in this game. Especially over eight games......

Comment

I think two deflected goals is unlucky. I'd certainly feel we'd been lucky if we'd scored them.

Comment

Not sure it's all down to luck, our away tactics are awful Harry plays Phillips and Hoillet to combat
            Barnes & Coleman getting forward but they come through the middle, I don't think Harry picked a more attacking team Ned looked out of form, and 3 poor goals conceded, non of them down to Green,he couldn't do much about any of them,

Comment

When we stop giving players like Barkley room.
              When we stop misplacing basic 5 yard balls in the middle of the pitch. (Barton 30 secs in)
              When we start playing our strongest team every game even if it means Zamora plays the first half and we try to establish a lead.
              When we stop accommodating players on reputation rather than form (Barton over Henry)
              Playing players who can retain possession (Kranjcar)
              Rob Greens kicking constantly invites pressure
              Corner routines, free kicks
              When we actually get stuck into tackles

Its pretty basic stuff. 2 deflected goals and an OG all brought on by our own fark ups.
              Last edited by Burnside; 16-12-2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

sooner or later, we'll play a team that reckon they just need to turn up for the 3 points... then we'll manage a 0:0 draw at last!

Comment

Luck didn't come into it. Pitch was perfect, no wind, not bitterly cold, shower before KO made a nice slick surface.... All set up nicely. Despite that we huffed and puffed, sloppily gave ball away and barely threatened their goal. Got exactly what we deserved. Maybe if someone took it upon themselves to muller one in on goal from distance we'd have got a deflection too but we preferred poncing about passing the buck instead of shooting.

Comment

We've had loads of luck......

....most of it bad!!

Comment

Working...
                    X