How long does Redknapp have left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    I wonder how many Southampton fans were saying they wanted Ronald Koeman before he signed for them.
    I wonder how many Swansea fans were saying they wanted Michael Laudrup before he signed for them.

I wonder whether we will ever make an unexpected but inspired choice for manager.
    I don't disagree but rogers at liverpool, martinez at everton, clark at west brom, dare i say it hughes or paulo sousa at qpr - most fans want a progressive manager but not all are successes. Conversely two of the biggest over achieving managers this term are fat sam and pardew - hardly progressive.

I wd have paid harry off at the start of the season and made the kind of bold appointment you crave. But if in Jan we are really struggling I wd go for Pullis all day long. In that scenario its all about survival, no one would give a monkeys about the prettiness of the football and he has a brilliant track record at prem survival.

Look at it another way: say one of our rivals blinks first, sacks their manager and appoints Pullis, would that increase our chances of going down. There's your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
      Who's that Eddies dad?
      Hehe, no. A former footballplayer.. sorry.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        I don't disagree but rogers at liverpool, martinez at everton, clark at west brom, dare i say it hughes or paulo sousa at qpr - most fans want a progressive manager but not all are successes. Conversely two of the biggest over achieving managers this term are fat sam and pardew - hardly progressive.

I wd have paid harry off at the start of the season and made the kind of bold appointment you crave. But if in Jan we are really struggling I wd go for Pullis all day long. In that scenario its all about survival, no one would give a monkeys about the prettiness of the football and he has a brilliant track record at prem survival.
        Look at it another way: say one of our rivals blinks first, sacks their manager and appoints Pullis, would that increase our chances of going down. There's your answer.

I said the same in one sentence. No pun,though. Good suggestion.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          I said the same in one sentence. No pun,though. Good suggestion.
          And i was agreeing with you - probably in more waffly form.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            And i was agreeing with you - probably in more waffly form.
            No problem. The point you raised regarding Sam Allardyce and Pardew is very valid. On top of that, we still not know for sure wheter Harry still got it or not..I feel.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              No problem. The point you raised regarding Sam Allardyce and Pardew is very valid. On top of that, we still not know for sure wheter Harry still got it or not..I feel.
              The only thing that worries me about Harry is I think he has lost some of his passion in the game now.
              He won't be here next season, so think we should take on someone for the future now but to work alongside him.

Comment

Working...
              X