• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you read it

Comment

Wiki-Leeks

Ya cudda quoted it.

Comment

I think Bon is doing his National Service..so could be waiting a while for his reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          What about that player that plays for Leverkusen? Class act.
          That's Heung Min Son, who would actually be a great signing, but I don't think we can get him. Recently it's been rumored that Tottenham wants him for 20 mil GBP, and even with that kind of offer it's not likely that Leverkusen (nor the player) would want to make the move. Another good player that we likely won't get is Sung Yueng Ki of Swansea.

I actually read this article when it was on the Korean news, but didn't post it here because while TF "expects" that 2 Korean players would be signed by January, there was no indication of who those two players are. Whether it would be a sensible signing or not would depend entirely on the individual players in question.

If I were to venture a guess, maybe Chung Yong Lee of Bolton, or Bo Kyung Kim of Cardiff? There are also some decent Korean players in the Bundesliga that could be signed, but no idea who TF is talking about. Maybe Ja Cheol Koo of Mainz? Lee and Kim are both wingers, Koo is usually ACM. Of these three, Lee is the most talented, and I'd want him signed if he could be gotten for cheap now due to Bolton's woes.

Oh, I almost forgot. Chu Young Park at Al-Shabab. Former Monaco and Arsenal striker (although he got no playing time there). Has been in bad form since Arsenal but if he can be signed for cheap, it could be worth it. Park has been South Korea's best striker in the past decade; he was no world beater but could be depended on to score 1 in 3 games in international matches. He hasn't had any major injuries and is 29-years old. Definitely has talent and no real problems (physically) but I do wonder if he will ever regain his consistency.

The Korean media are also guessing it could be Chung Yong Lee and/or Bo Kyung Kim. Lee's contract with Bolton ends in the summer, and while Bolton is offering Lee a new contract, they haven't reached an agreement (yet).
          Last edited by Joon; 11-12-2014, 08:03 AM.

Comment

last time i saw chung yung lee, he wasnt that good if i remember. that was back when sturridge was on loan at bolton. sturridge made him look good once or twice if i remember.

ideally, i reckon if we are looking to get another striker and some more creativity in the midfield, we should go for another south american, to link up well with the 2 explosive chilenos we've already got.
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
            X