£5 mill kitty in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £5 mill kitty in January

Paper makes a good point....If Defoe is too old at 32, why go for Keane at 34

link
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...y-just-4771790

Defoe would be perm, Keane on loan

Comment

What does 5m get you these days?

Comment

Sheffield.

Comment

It could be we have learnt and we are not going around shouting about having large sums to spend?
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            What does 5m get you these days?
            Where did all the spending get us?

Comment

peanuts
              You Rsssssss

Comment

Please no.

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post
                  Sheffield.
                  with a fair bit of rifle spare!
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                    It could be we have learnt and we are not going around shouting about having large sums to spend?
                    That`s my thoughts too , it only makes you a target to get rolled over , like a tourist down Regent St carrying designer bags
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                      Defoe would be perm, Keane on loan
                      They'd both be loans imo or put it this way Defoe on 6 month deal

Comment

I get the feeling a few players will be sold or asked to leave on loan. SWP and Adel are never going to get a game. I could see Hill going out on loan. He really can't have much more football in him, certainly not at this level. I really can't see him playing again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by blue and white View Post
                          I get the feeling a few players will be sold or asked to leave on loan. SWP and Adel are never going to get a game. I could see Hill going out on loan. He really can't have much more football in him, certainly not at this level. I really can't see him playing again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by blue and white View Post
                            You think SWP and Adel would still be here if it was that easy to get shot of them? They are both on big money and neither cares too much about anything other than turning up and picking up a pay cheque these days. Apparently SWP has turned down countless loans already, he'd sooner do nothing for his money rather than turn out for a Championship side (even though he'd still get paid the same). As for Adel..........well just don't get me started, any club would be daft to touch with a barge pole unless it was on a loan heavily subsidised by us (as Fulham did).

Can't see much point in loaning out Clint Hill either. The returns that we'd get in terms of contribution to his salary from any side that would be interested (bottom half of the Championship I'd guess), would make no significant difference to our wage bill. Better to have him here as back-up and around the dressing room!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              You think SWP and Adel would still be here if it was that easy to get shot of them? They are both on big money and neither cares too much about anything other than turning up and picking up a pay cheque these days. Apparently SWP has turned down countless loans already, he'd sooner do nothing for his money rather than turn out for a Championship side (even though he'd still get paid the same). As for Adel..........well just don't get me started, any club would be daft to touch with a barge pole unless it was on a loan heavily subsidised by us (as Fulham did).

Can't see much point in loaning out Clint Hill either. The returns that we'd get in terms of contribution to his salary from any side that would be interested (bottom half of the Championship I'd guess), would make no significant difference to our wage bill. Better to have him here as back-up and around the dressing room!
                              That's put him in his place

Comment

Working...
                              X