The rest of our fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rest of our fixtures

Interestingly, all be it I am optimistic and biased as a QPR fan I guess... I feel our fixtures work well for us this season.

All of our away games, so far, have been against the top 6-10 teams and its fair to say that most of those teams will be in that top ten come the end of the season.
    The good news is the return fixtures will be at home of which most fans and pundits rate QPR this season at home and therefore (Touchwood) we may be able to continue that good form and pick up some points against the harder/in form teams in the second half of the season where we struggled in the first half.

Furthermore as all of our away games have been far harder, it means our next batch of away games will be against the bottom half clubs and hopefully our away game fortunes will change. (More draws, couple of wins to see us over the finish line) Im not saying we will win suddenly start winning away from home like we have of late at home, but we stand a better chance of seeing out games for a point and even knick the odd 3 points with a 1 nil win. If you can steal 2 points from teams like Burnley, Leicester and Hull then it prevents them gaining ground on you as long as you pick up points at home as well.

Pundits and papers will forever look at clubs fixtures but pay more attention to the run in, of which ours doesn't look particularly healthy. (Two tough away games against Liverpool and City), but for me, I wouldnt be looking at those games I would be looking at the second half fixtures as a whole. If we want to stay up, then we need to be aiming to get points on the board sooner rather than later. (All be it a home fixture against Newcastle and a massive 6 pointer against the foxes)

Lastly, our next two home games against WBA and Palace are again MASSIVE in our route to survival. Our home form is huge currently and has lead us out of the bottom three. We need to make sure we at least get a results in both of these games even though I think they will prove extremely hard.

I favour or second half of the season fixtures and maybe its more of a reason to get behind the boys as we do have a fighting chance this Season!!

You R'sss

I have been trying to look at it your way but I think is the other way around.
    If we continue playing like we have been playing away it is more than likely that we loose to all our relegation partners in the second half of the season.
    On top of that we will have the most of the top teams at home.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
      I have been trying to look at it your way but I think is the other way around.
      If we continue playing like we have been playing away it is more than likely that we loose to all our relegation partners in the second half of the season.
      On top of that we will have the most of the top teams at home.
      Sorry... this doesnt make any sense to me, or is probably exactly what im saying.

- IF we continue as we are, then we will probably stay up based on our good home form, no?
      - IF we continue as we are, we will probably pick up points away from home against those team then?

Our current form, to remind you has in actual fact pushed us out the bottom three?

Im not saying im right, or that it will be easy.. but if you look at our form and the difference in fixtures in the second half of games, it would suggest we have a fighting chance.

Comment

The problem is its hard to forget about the away games against Spurs, UTD and W.Ham because they were SO bad... But if you judge our away games after the W.Ham game, although we've lost them we've not been that bad, just the final ball thats let us down. Even against Chelski, the best team in England we didnt look that bad..... If our home form continues, we will certainly stay up IMO. Im convinced we'll start picking points up on the road because our form is improving/staying at a steady level ie- not dropping.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          The problem is its hard to forget about the away games against Spurs, UTD and W.Ham because they were SO bad... But if you judge our away games after the W.Ham game, although we've lost them we've not been that bad, just the final ball thats let us down. Even against Chelski, the best team in England we didnt look that bad..... If our home form continues, we will certainly stay up IMO. Im convinced we'll start picking points up on the road because our form is improving/staying at a steady level ie- not dropping.

Comment

Can someone tell me how the fixtures work the way they do? We have Burnley again in Jan but Leicester away isnt until the last game of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              Can someone tell me how the fixtures work the way they do? We have Burnley again in Jan but Leicester away isnt until the last game of the season?
              And Swansea home and away so close together

Comment

The fixtures are done at random, then mixed slightly to meet other fixtures e.g. FA Cup, Replays and Europe.

Comment

Current away form is played 7 and lost 7. If that continues we will not get a single point away. But hopefully with easier opponents we will get some.
                  Current home form gives 14 points from 8 matches 1,75 points per game which is good. The problem is the opponents are stronger in the second half.
                  Of the top 10 teams we have only played Liv, M.C at home with 1 point gained. That would give us the grand total of 4 points against the other 8 top 10 teams.

I do not believe that this is how it will work out. It is likely that we will get fewer points from home matches in the latter half but we get get some points from away matches.
                  Hopefully your way of looking at it is what is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                    Current away form is played 7 and lost 7. If that continues we will not get a single point away. But hopefully with easier opponents we will get some.
                    Current home form gives 14 points from 8 matches 1,75 points per game which is good. The problem is the opponents are stronger in the second half.
                    Of the top 10 teams we have only played Liv, M.C at home with 1 point gained. That would give us the grand total of 4 points against the other 8 top 10 teams.

I do not believe that this is how it will work out. It is likely that we will get fewer points from home matches in the latter half but we get get some points from away matches.
                    Hopefully your way of looking at it is what is going to happen.
                    haha this is probably why I said i'm quite optimistic maybe.. that and I honestly have good high hopes for our ever getting better team.

Comment

If we aint got survival stitched up by end april, we are foooked.

But i think we will be 12th or higher by tea-time new years day, we only have to nick a few points away, 6 maybe, ontop of our home points to ride it out.

You only have to win 12 and draw 4, to stay up.

March 2015

QPR V Arsenal
                      Tue 3 Mar 19:45

Crystal Palace V QPR
                      Sat 14 Mar 15:00

QPR V Everton
                      Sat 21 Mar 15:00

April 2015

West Brom V QPR
                      Sat 4 Apr 15:00

QPR V Chelsea
                      Sat 11 Apr 15:00

Aston Villa V QPR
                      Sat 18 Apr 15:00

QPR V West Ham
                      Sat 25 Apr 15:00

May 2015

Liverpool V QPR
                      Sat 2 May 15:00

Man City V QPR
                      Sat 9 May 15:00

QPR V Newcastle
                      Sat 16 May 15:00

Leicester V QPR
                      Sun 24 May 15:00
                      Last edited by Manx Hoop; 08-12-2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Take each game at a time.. I dont think we can write this team of just yet. (especially seeing as we are currently out of the bottom three based on our home form alone.)

Comment

We'll get something at Everton..

Scurvy probably

Comment

Working...
                          X