Isla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isla

He did not play in our last away games. I hope he get back against Everton as he provides more attacking support. Harry needs to stop being too defensive in away games If we want to stay up as relying on home games is not good enough.

As Austin is supended, I can see Leroy Fer as potential replacement with his confience high now after scoring in our last home games supported by Zamora and let Hoilett start on the left, then perhaps replaced by Matt Phillips in the 2nd half.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

I think the reason Isla didn't play was more to do with fitness than tactics Yousef. I think he'd come back from international week carrying a minor knock.

As for Fer up top....Bobby up top with Fer playing number 10 might work but he definitely isn't a number 9.

Comment

Vargas up top with bobby, not fer

Comment

Originally posted by QPRob View Post
        Vargas up top with bobby, not fer
        This

Comment

We will have to play wide players against the Everton, but with defensive duties, as Coleman and Baines will flood us on the wings, Vargas and Fer wide with Krancjar in a five man midfield, Bobby up top on his own, flood the midfield with Vargas and Fer supporting Bobby when ever they get the chance.

A win would be great but I wouldn't sneeze at a point.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Isla proving to be a fantastic acquisition.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
              We will have to play wide players against the Everton, but with defensive duties, as Coleman and Baines will flood us on the wings, Vargas and Fer wide with Krancjar in a five man midfield, Bobby up top on his own, flood the midfield with Vargas and Fer supporting Bobby when ever they get the chance.

A win would be great but I wouldn't sneeze at a point.
              5 in the middle with 1 up top means certian defeat. let actually go out there and take the farking game to them ffs
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                5 in the middle with 1 up top means certian defeat. let actually go out there and take the farking game to them ffs
                Not at all, I don't get this fascination with 2 up top away from home. They will be on top of us, that is a fact. Everton have the 3rd highest possession at home of any team in the league, we will not go there and get anything at all if we play with a four man midfield, it is that simple. Playing vargas and Fer as inside forwards from the wings however, that would work with bobby up top. Reason for that is simple, Everton have the fifth lowest aerial duel success in the league and we have the fourth best. Everton are incapable of successfully dealing with big men in the air. Hence fer and Zamora in midfield and attack to win those headers. Vargas can have success if he makes forward runs with an overlapping Isla as Everton have a very high tendency to allow chances from through balls, more so than most other teams we have played away from home. With Zamora, Fer and Barton supplying quite a few through balls, you can see Vargas potentially getting a goal or two cutting in from the wing. We can create more with a 5 man midfield against a team like everton especially on the counter if one of the ball winners (Barton and Henry) get the ball back quickly to someone like Kranjcar who can play the ball forward either in the air or on the ground to vargas. Everton and their possession based football would destroy us if we went and left ourselves open
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                X