X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everton

So I was looking at the home standings on this page here:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...Premier-League

I noticed that of all the teams we will play away from home this half of the season, Everton have the worst record. Even a point from this match will be a huge boost given that next year, we will play every team that has a lower home record than everton. This can be our turning point. Would certainly give us a nice respite from all the post away match hate on here.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    So I was looking at the home standings on this page here:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...Premier-League

I noticed that of all the teams we will play away from home this half of the season, Everton have the worst record. Even a point from this match will be a huge boost given that next year, we will play every team that has a lower home record than everton. This can be our turning point. Would certainly give us a nice respite from all the post away match hate on here.
    This is purely down to a combination of team selection, negative tactics and the obvious result of the two combined.

It's not so much the losing that bothers the majority in my opinion mate. I could be wrong, but if we lost giving our all like Leicester and Burnley have just done at LR, then at least we could be proud of our team.

We are easily a match for Everton on our day and playing to our strengths. It really shouldn't matter which county the football pitch is in. If we are capable of playing football in W12, we should be capable of playing football in L4.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      This is purely down to a combination of team selection, negative tactics and the obvious result of the two combined.

It's not so much the losing that bothers the majority in my opinion mate. I could be wrong, but if we lost giving our all like Leicester and Burnley have just done at LR, then at least we could be proud of our team.

We are easily a match for Everton on our day and playing to our strengths. It really shouldn't matter which county the football pitch is in. If we are capable of playing football in W12, we should be capable of playing football in L4.
      Think about the support, look at our best away game this season against chelsea where we gave the leaders a right scare, the fans were as good as they are at loftus road. Not to say the away fans are poor, but think about the numbers. We can't really outshout them. The players play on confidence, if they feel fans are backing them they do well. That is what makes away matches harder.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Think about the support, look at our best away game this season against chelsea where we gave the leaders a right scare, the fans were as good as they are at loftus road. Not to say the away fans are poor, but think about the numbers. We can't really outshout them. The players play on confidence, if they feel fans are backing them they do well. That is what makes away matches harder.
        Professional, highly paid, top level sportsmen, feeling a little bit insecure at an away ground? Doesn't wash with me.

What is it about Loftus Road then, that makes other inferior teams go all out for the win?

Comment

Professional, highly paid, top level sportsmen, feeling a little bit insecure at an away ground? Doesn't wash with me.

What is it about Loftus Road then, that makes other inferior teams go all out for the win?
          I think it is a bit harsh. They are still human, they actually do react to their surroundings and it doesn't matter how teams around us play when they are at loftus road, they are all gagging for points against us, When we play the big teams, we outplay them all match at home. Look at City and Liverpool as the examples, the big teams are lax and liverpool got away with it. When small teams come to loftus road, the away fans can still be heard because of how the stadium is designed, whereas most clubs have away fans in a corner. You can't make that noise away from Loftus road. It is the nature of the game that it is more difficult away from home. The only teams with a better away record than home record are Tottenham and WBA. So to suggest that there isn't a valid reason for it is a bit ridiculous.

Comment

Why is playing at home considered an advantage to every football club on the planet? Why did chelsea lose yesterday against a pee poor newcastle side and lost a big record at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Why is playing at home considered an advantage to every football club on the planet? Why did chelsea lose yesterday against a pee poor newcastle side and lost a big record at the same time?
              Not suggesting playing at home isn't an advantage, for the reasons Nasser has given.

Doesn't excuse poor tactics in my opinion.

You are surely not suggesting that we couldn't have nicked a win or a couple of draws this season with a different approach?

Comment

Not suggesting playing at home isn't an advantage, for the reasons Nasser has given.

Doesn't excuse poor tactics in my opinion.

You are surely not suggesting that we couldn't have nicked a win or a couple of draws this season with a different approach?
                We will never know, we certainly haven't lacked scoring chances, as vargas and fer showed last week against swansea. It is impossible to play open football away from home against the teams we have been playing

Comment

Working...
                X