Rio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio

Are we being slightly harsh with him as fans? I think he still has loads to offer on and off the pitch. Dunne has been immense and Caulker has played every game this season. He had no preseason and the 3-5-2 was ditched after 2 or 3 games. I for one would love to see Rio deployed as a holding mid. Protecting Dunne & Caulker and also starting attacks. I feel our major problem away from home is we cant hold onto the ball long enough. The CBs get pressured and just kick it long. Henry is good at breaking up play but Rio's passing range and composure on the ball is top draw. Maybe let Henry/Barton do the running in front of Rio while he sits and does the rest. He might not have the legs but like Dunne he reads the game so well. Putting Fer/Barton slightly higher up the pitch to press the midfield quicker could also work.

I know people will say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but we have ZERO points away from home so we definitely need to try something new. Putting Vargas upfront could also work.

someone has to be a scapegoat....it's football fans law.....

Comment

All set on Rio. All set on playing for draws on the road. Play for a win and play for a draw if its tied with 15 minutes left. No more of this 75 minutes of Greeno making diving saves and Charlie getting one touch per game. Rio is useless.

Comment

on the train home was chatting to a couple of Reading fans, they were not too complimentary about bro Anton. Talk about robbing a living and they are in the s**t financial wise too. Likewise with us, with our financial situation we can't afford passengers
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          on the train home was chatting to a couple of Reading fans, they were not too complimentary about bro Anton. Talk about robbing a living and they are in the s**t financial wise too. Likewise with us, with our financial situation we can't afford passengers
          We have got some of the richest owners in the world , dont even bother to compare us with them please.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
            someone has to be a scapegoat....it's football fans law.....
            I think we just have a few players that cant hack it. Like Matty phillips, Hoillet, Traore, obviously Clint at his age (but im not complaining about him being on the roster), Rio at his age, and im not really sold on Mutch. Were at a point now where we need to start dropping one or two players that aren't up to par and pick up one or two and keep a core!

Comment

SWP as well, forgot he was still around

Comment

From Man Utd to Qpr subs bench talk about a fall from grace. Im sure he will have part to play. Completely outshone by Dunne at the moment though.

Comment

Holding midfielder??? Never played there in his career. Why play him there now? Sixth choice CB for me. If that. That's no scapegoating. That's stating a fact.

Comment

He will no doubt get a sniff in the depths of winter when we are suffering injuries and or suspensions. Just hope that when he does get back on the pitch he gives 100% and not pr@t about
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                    X