We have finally got a core group of players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have finally got a core group of players

Green, Yun,Isla, Dunne, Caulker, Henry, Fer and Charlie are the spine we must build on,with Sandro, Mutch and Niko also in the frame and Vargas yet to hit form, we are moving on nicely. How we replace Dunne and Henry longterm will be key to us pushing onto the next stage.

If we get this window right, we are well and truly on our way,we are moving in the right direction.
    Kept the faith!

If Barton keeps passing like today, he will do aswell, IF.

Comment

I think when Sandro returns from injury he would slot in for Henry so it would be Barton and Sandro in the middle. When Dunne is out someone will need to step up out of Hill/Ferdinand/Onuoha. Maybe in that order. Hopefully Ned can improve longer term but he needs to be a bit more assertive I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post
        If Barton keeps passing like today, he will do aswell, IF.
        Barton is ultimately about Barton, if he realised his limitations like Henry, he would be a good player, but he thinks he is Hoddle.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
          I think when Sandro returns from injury he would slot in for Henry so it would be Barton and Sandro in the middle. When Dunne is out someone will need to step up out of Hill/Ferdinand/Onuoha. Maybe in that order. Hopefully Ned can improve longer term but he needs to be a bit more assertive I think.
          I think Onoha can do it to be honest, he look clumsy on the ball but how many times does he give the ball away? I would replace Sandro with Barton and play Fer in the middle next to him longterm.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
            Green, Yun,Isla, Dunne, Caulker, Henry, Fer and Charlie are the spine we must build on,with Sandro, Mutch and Niko also in the frame and Vargas yet to hit form, we are moving on nicely. How we replace Dunne and Henry longterm will be key to us pushing onto the next stage.

If we get this window right, we are well and truly on our way,we are moving in the right direction.
            Yep massively agree cali!!!... although I'd automatically put Vargas in that list because I'm convinced we've got hold of 1 of the most exciting players we've had at the Bush for some time.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Barton is ultimately about Barton, if he realised his limitations like Henry, he would be a good player, but he thinks he is Hoddle.
              Sounds harsh but I have to agree.

Comment

I think Onoha can do it to be honest, he look clumsy on the ball but how many times does he give the ball away? I would replace Sandro with Barton and play Fer in the middle next to him longterm.
                Yes I agree, Fer's position is in the middle. I don't know why exactly he plays him on the wing but I think it has to do with his aerial ability. I think a lot of the time the ball is lobbed forward to him and I think he's supposed to header it to Charlie and hopefully put him through. Especially if Zamora isn't playing he's the main target. I think this is because a lot of the time when we clear our lines we lob it forward. I think Yun done that quite a lot took his time looked for him and lobbed it in the air. Green did that too when he was kicking or clearing.

Strange thing is he drifts towards the middle anyway, and the goal ironically enough came from a wide position that Charlie found himself in and passed it in the middle to Fer.

Comment

pretty much agree with all that you have posted cali- well said. tbf to henry he has done more than barton so far but no harm in a shake up.
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

It's near enough the same team that loses every away match!

We beat the two bottom teams... at home. Let's not get carried away here.

Yeah yeah, I know, doom and gloom etc...

Comment

you are spot on there mate

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                        Fer's position is in the middle. I don't know why exactly he plays him on the wing.
                        Quite simply I think its because Harry doesnt trust Phillips, Hoilett and SWP in his starting 11.

Youre right that Fer has a tendency to drift inside which then leads to Charlie going wide left to find space, which is never ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post

the kind of teams we should be beating at home??? try and enjoy the win eh...we have a few more to come as well.
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Spine of the team should be (when fit)

Green

Dunne/Ferdinand
                            Caulker

Henry
                            Sandro, Barton/Mutch when Sandro is inevitably injured

Bobby
                            Austin

With the others then built around that

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post

IMO, they didnt do much wrong against Swansea....We still need a few wingers,mind. Just my opinion.
                              And as a unit we seem much better aswell.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X