Mauricio Isla and FIFA ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mauricio Isla and FIFA ratings

So I work for EA Sports (The company that makes the fifa games) as a data reviewer and editor. I basically give justification for changes to QPR player attributes and hope the higher ups agree and administer the changes. For this job, I have to take a look at stats and watch every match home and away and use those as justification. I use a website called whoscored.com which rates player performances based on what they do during the match and in general, the ratings are very accurate and give a good estimation to how a player is performing. While I was checking on how we were doing, I noticed something about Isla in particular. In his first 4 matches, he only had one good performance, with three god awful matches. However since then, he has gone on to record 5 excellent performances out of 6 and in the last 6 matches, he has been overall the best rb in the premier league by quite a massive distance. Would you agree with this statement from what you have seen?
    The second thing that i wanted to ask this is perhaps more related to my initial point is that if you have any suggestions or recommendations for changes to players at the club, please do post them here so I can send them in as the company wants more input from fans. This is a link to a website which gives the latest player ratings and attributes of all players, if you want to check it out and tell me some things to change, it would be much appreciated.
    http://sofifa.com/players?hl=en-GB
    Thanks everyone
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Dunne and his 28 (i think) pace, he really aint slow at all.
    Austin is awesome but surely should have had an IF.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
      Dunne and his 28 (i think) pace, he really aint slow at all.
      Austin is awesome but surely should have had an IF.
      I wish it was 28, its actually only 23 and they are refusing to lower it. Charlie Austin has already gone up two ratings to a 76 since the start of this season and they will slowly improve him more over time I think
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I personally think most of the QPR player stats are spot on. I reckon Austin could have better heading and Hoilett is a bit overpowered, but I'll take that!

Comment

Can honestly say all the rating are spot on.
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Austins potential in career mode is too low. Should be at least 82. I mean he's performed at every level he's played at.

Comment

About Isla, I agree. Started off very very shaky here - making me look a bit odd as his signing was one of the main ones I was excited about at the start of the season.
              But the last 6ish games he has been top quality.
              Maybe not best in the prem as the stats suggest but consistently really good. Looks like he enjoys playing with Vargas just infront of him aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                Austins potential in career mode is too low. Should be at least 82. I mean he's performed at every level he's played at.
                I have gotten into contact with them about that, hopefully they will give it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyqpr View Post
                  About Isla, I agree. Started off very very shaky here - making me look a bit odd as his signing was one of the main ones I was excited about at the start of the season.
                  But the last 6ish games he has been top quality.
                  Maybe not best in the prem as the stats suggest but consistently really good. Looks like he enjoys playing with Vargas just infront of him aswell.
                  Totally agree, what I like about him is that he is very calm on the ball and in the challenge. He gives players around him confidence and security as he did in the second half for ned when he was looking a bit shaky. That combination of Isla and Vargas must be the most consistent passing duo in the league. I will try and find if that is the case.

Comment

There have been over 75 passes between isla and vargas in matches they have both started. In one match, their combination has been so influential that Isla to Vargas was the only pass combination from QPR to make it into the top 15 combinations. Quite incredible how comfortable they are passing to each other and how well they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      There have been over 75 passes between isla and vargas in matches they have both started. In one match, their combination has been so influential that Isla to Vargas was the only pass combination from QPR to make it into the top 15 combinations. Quite incredible how comfortable they are passing to each other and how well they do it.
                      At times it does seem as though Isla only wants to pass to Vargas - maybe it seems that way because it happens so often but let's hope it doesn't develop into a them and us type of problem
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        How did Isla manage to get a RW tag, Wiki doesn't mention that he ever played there? We were under the impression he was coming to us as a RWB for 352.

Anyway, if you can big up all our player ratings, we'll stay up easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                          How did Isla manage to get a RW tag, Wiki doesn't mention that he ever played there? We were under the impression he was coming to us as a RWB for 352.

Anyway, if you can big up all our player ratings, we'll stay up easily.
                          I guess they could also put additional tags on him as RB/RM.

Comment

All the QPR player faces should be in the next update. They did the scans (again? didn't they do it in the summer??) at Harlington this week.
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Where's Niko Kranjcar ?

Comment

Working...
                              X