Two Observations from Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Observations from Yesterday

There were two handballs in the box in the build up to our winner so hope the Ref would have blown up had Austin not scored but from looking at the ref in the replays don't look like he would have given either

Also still think we create our own problems on occasions. Two examples form yesterday we seem to take an eternity to get up off the floor when defending and opposition take advantage. When they got their equaliser both the scorer and Barton went in for a tackle and both ended up on the floor their players gets up and shoots from a rebound while Barton is still on his knees second example very similar was Morgan and Caulker when they nearly got second equaliser Caulker and Morgan tangle for ball both go down Morgan gets up and gets shot off while caulker remains on the floor

I know it sounds like moaning but this lack of urgency to get back up and engage the opposition could cost us going forwards it cost us one goal yesterday. The way I see it if the opposition are able to get up and get back into the game then we should be equally able to match them at this

I said to my brother West, we looked sluggish. Think nerves take over, like cup-finals all these games with our quest to get some points on board
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Cant really find anything to moan about or any negatives when we win like that and no injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Cant really find anything to moan about or any negatives when we win like that and no injuries.
        Is Yun OK then? Although I thought Traore died OK when he came on, I think we'd miss Yun now if he wasn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
          Is Yun OK then? Although I thought Traore died OK when he came on, I think we'd miss Yun now if he wasn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
            No reports about him so i take that as hes fine.

Comment

I don't like this offside rule. I much prefer the rule that if you're in line with the ball and in the keeper's eyeline you
              are interfering with play, no matter which way you're walking. (nugent for lestas 2nd goal)

Comment

Working...
              X