School end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School end

Today was the first time ive sat there , it seemed strange viewing the match from that end ,the view itself was pretty good so no complaints there ,the other fans around us didnt seem like your usual Rangers supporter you get elsewhere in the ground , a lot more touristy ,quite a few Koreans ,and more family groups.
    X block sounded good at times ,couldnt hear PQor R blocks hardly at all
    There was even a Leicester fan who unwisely decided to take his jacket off and show off his Leicester shirt ,so the stewards threw him out sharpish , which was handy ,because when this was noticed ,something was bound to go off .
    All in all ,it was a decent view ,but i wouldnt choose to sit there again , because it didnt really feel like a Rangers home stand.
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    Today was the first time ive sat there , it seemed strange viewing the match from that end ,the view itself was pretty good so no complaints there ,the other fans around us didnt seem like your usual Rangers supporter you get elsewhere in the ground , a lot more touristy ,quite a few Koreans ,and more family groups.
    X block sounded good at times ,couldnt hear PQor R blocks hardly at all
    There was even a Leicester fan who unwisely decided to take his jacket off and show off his Leicester shirt ,so the stewards threw him out sharpish , which was handy ,because when this was noticed ,something was bound to go off .
    All in all ,it was a decent view ,but i wouldnt choose to sit there again , because it didnt really feel like a Rangers home stand.
    never sat in there mate. remember as a kid we had the away end as our home end but i was up saf with the ol man. tbh i've watched rangers from worse views-interesting that you cant hear the "singing section"- needs a rethink. stick it closer to the away end should be the answer. you watching the boxing
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I was sitting in the lower loft family stand, looking towards the school end and I was thinking; the away fans at the top totally dominate that whole stand. Would it not be better to give them a bit at the top and a bit at the bottom, that way isolating them to a corner rather than letting them spread the whole way across? Spreading them right across the top of the stand just spreads the noise and influence the away fans have and they basically dominate the whole stand, if not the whole stadium most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
        never sat in there mate. remember as a kid we had the away end as our home end but i was up saf with the ol man. tbh i've watched rangers from worse views-interesting that you cant hear the "singing section"- needs a rethink. stick it closer to the away end should be the answer. you watching the boxing
        A few things need a rethink in my opinion ,move the family stand out of the Loft for starters , but i agree the singers really should move to Xblock ,it would really crank up the atmosphere .
        As for the boxing ,i`m a bit gutted i havnt got Sky sports , just as interested in the Eubank fight tbh , but i`m working tomorrow anyway so was never going to go out a watch it ,so its motd then bed for me.

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
          I was sitting in the lower loft family stand, looking towards the school end and I was thinking; the away fans at the top totally dominate that whole stand. Would it not be better to give them a bit at the top and a bit at the bottom, that way isolating them to a corner rather than letting them spread the whole way across? Spreading them right across the top of the stand just spreads the noise and influence the away fans have and they basically dominate the whole stand, if not the whole stadium most of the time
          Fair point tbh ,but as this is the first season that the big clubs havnt been given the whole end ,we might be asking a bit much of the club to start dividing the end up like that .
          And i for one am well happy the club have given the away fans as little tickets as possible, fair play

Comment

A few things need a rethink in my opinion ,move the family stand out of the Loft for starters , but i agree the singers really should move to Xblock ,it would really crank up the atmosphere .
            As for the boxing ,i`m a bit gutted i havnt got Sky sports , just as interested in the Eubank fight tbh , but i`m working tomorrow anyway so was never going to go out a watch it ,so its motd then bed for me.
            firstrow mate-bang on.
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
              firstrow mate-bang on.
              Got it ,nice one Bush

Comment

Funnily enough ive moved from x to r this season and its much louder up there although I used to enjoy x block for the big games when it got going.

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                  That's a great idea the scum do it so why can't we
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

My first experience of the school end was as a school age programme seller. Had to wear this blue coat and a peaked cap. First game? Poxy Leeds! Wasn't a nice experience at all. I sat there once, many years ago, at a friendly, really just to have sat in every part of the ground for a game.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

My best experience in that end was when we had to use in as a home end. We played Luton I think we was 2-0 down and came back and won 3-2 that end was rocking
                      You Rsssssss

Comment

Always sit in the lower school these days . Mainly because i like to sit behind goal and close to pitch and can no longer go lower loft .

The guy got kicked out after a few complaints apparently . His mate next to him then decided to say he wasnt qpr either and wanted to see the crap side that beat him at wembley . Guessing he was a derby fan.

Atmosphere does lack a little down there though and the roar from the away fans is sickening

Comment

Working...
                        X