No announcement yet.

Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was slightly concerned about Green coming into the season and was really pleased with the signing of McCarthy and am excited at seeing him play. However in probably 80-90% of games this season so far you could make a case for Green for MOTM, have no complaints with seeing his name on the team sheet every week if he keeps playing like this.

Comment

Greeno punched well today, his job is to get rid of the ball, after all.
      Had a good game today.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        The signing of the back up keeper has really upped his game
        I think this is true. Murphy couldn't compete with Green, but McCarthy can. Green has to give 100 % in the training and this has improved his game.

Comment

Green was just beautiful today,loved his pumping up the fans moment. Got me off me seat.love you greeno xx
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Green had a good game again today. One thing I did notice though from sitting right by the goal, when watching Schmiechel take kicks, he absolutely belted it forward and it seemed to cause us problems every time. Green's kicks were more like floaters that just hung in the air, and we lost possession over and over again. Apart from that he was good
            Last edited by uptheR's; 30-11-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
              True. I am not saying he is crap I think he has come on leaps and bounds. He is not the only keeper who likes punching it out all the time,
              Panicked once with a punch that he should have caught at a crucial point in the match but fantastic otherwise.

You never knows what you get with him as last week could have cost us a couple of goals,

Comment

Agreed. Been very good since coming back from injury. Some around me can't say a good word about him.

I appreciate the point made in the thread about keepers and punching, but there were a couple of chances to catch yesterday and relieve pressure but instead he punched.

Still, I'm happy with Greeno between the sticks.

Comment

Playing really well, long may it continue.

Think McCarthy is the better keeper tho.

Comment

One of our best again and we still have posters who doesn't value him.

Comment

Was fantastic today. That save from Falcao was world class.

Bloke behind me never has a good word to say about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
                        Was fantastic today. That save from Falcao was world class.

Bloke behind me never has a good word to say about him.
                        That's funny. He's maybe had one blunder this season, but otherwise been more or less fantastic. Yet someones never happy.

Comment

Agree. Outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Where's RickyRanger these last few games he's been absolutely immense?....Too busy getting through all that humble pie to post here?...Still want to find little faults with him eh Ricky?
                            No humble pie from me watch the game Stanley. Made a good save from the Falcao header second half, said many times he is a decent shot stopper when he doesn't need to move his feet. Now look at the rest of the game, the first save from Falcao hit him rather than him making a save. Still stuck on his line and very slow to move his feet, their first goal being a good example. Several Prem keepers would have stopped that, Green even got his hand to it but because he had to move his feet slightly to adjust his feet he was slow to react. Watch the goal it doesn't go in the corner in fact it's fairly central.

Also if you go to games look at his lack of communication to the defense and those around him, doesn't organise as he should or breed confidence in those around him. Also strange that despite being on a free when he originally joined us, then again at the start of this year when we let his contract run down to offer him a lower amount there wasn't one club interested in taking him.

Seems to suggest the the opinion of some on here isn't shared by those employed to recruit and train players.

Comment

Working...
                            X