Training agenda Monday .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training agenda Monday .....

.... shooting practice! 32 shots - only 6 on target! Dreadful! But a win is a win - however ugly however fortunate!
    Remember Gillard!!

I think they practice that each training section, need extra hours doing it though.

Comment

I knew we had shooting problems when we went to the open day at rangers. And they moved everyone from the corner flag to behind the goal
      You Rsssssss

Comment

32 shots....that's pretty good imo.....at least the shots are being putting in whether they on target or not. People moan when there have been no shots, either on or off target.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
          32 shots....that's pretty good imo.....at least the shots are being putting in whether they on target or not. People moan when there have been no shots, either on or off target.
          That ratio of shots off/on target has been the same for the last couple of years. It's crap tbf, and if nothing else shows work is needed, maybe just on when we're taking shots more than anything else.

Comment

We made them step into second gear, it's time for third now.

Comment

bartons shooting was awful y'day

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                Nothing new there tbh.

Comment

At least he pulls the trigger

Comment

Can you remember last season when we had the ball for the whole game and shot three times and not score. only for the other team to score with their one shot.

Comment

I'm not sure that the issue is just shooting though. For me, there is more of an issue with the quality of the chances we create. The majority of our shots seem to come from 20+ yards, half-chances and goal-mouth scrambles, rather than defence-splitting passes or rounding the last man etc.. While we have Charlie unsettling defenders, that can work against most teams but I think we definitely still need a bit more quality in the last third.
                      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        Generally it was but lest we not forget it was his shot, deflected wide that led to the corner/goal that won the game
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by abbeylands View Post
                          .... shooting practice! 32 shots - only 6 on target! Dreadful! But a win is a win - however ugly however fortunate!
                          I would rather have 50 shots, 1 on target and win 1-0

Than to have 10 shots, 10 on target and lose 1-0 because we wasnt 'Clinical' enough either.

You can argue that teams who have shots on target and dont score are just as bad. At least we are having attempts and creating lots.

Buying more tickets for the raffle.

Comment

At least it proves we are pushing more rather than sitting back a la West Ham and Spurs, from 6 shots on target thats a decent conversion rate scoring 3

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              Generally it was but lest we not forget it was his shot, deflected wide that led to the corner/goal that won the game
                              Another thing is that Joey for many of his shots picked up the ball after a corner and took his shot. Taking a shot in that situation is far better than giving the ball away trying to be clever. By shooting you allow the team and especially the CB´s to get back into position instead of risking being hit on the break. Sometimes you can even get lucky... the toe-poke from Schlupp is a case in point. It was a spectacular goal, but might as well have resulted in a throw in.
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Working...
                              X