Charlie turned down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
    He doesn't strike me as the type of player just after money, I'm confident he will sign on if we stay up.
    Me too. Lord help us if we go down!

Comment

This is where our wage sins are likely to keep hurting us. Charlie is certainly worth more than Rio and I'm sure his agent will be making that point. But since we are over paying Rio we are likely to have to over pay Charlie to keep him happy, which of course we want to do! An unfortunate snowball effect of our own making for our wage bill.

My take is that Charlie loves playing for us and that is a great start to any negotiation. He has the potential to be another one of those QPR players who the fans will still be taking about 40 years from now.

Edit: He is now a Premier League player. There is no way we will be able to hold onto him if we go down.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
        This is where our wage sins are likely to keep hurting us. Charlie is certainly worth more than Rio and I'm sure his agent will be making that point. But since we are over paying Rio we are likely to have to over pay Charlie to keep him happy, which of course we want to do! An unfortunate snowball effect of our own making for our wage bill.

My take is that Charlie loves playing for us and that is a great start to any negotiation. He has the potential to be another one of those QPR players who the fans will still be taking about 40 years from now.

Edit: He is now a Premier League player. There is no way we will be able to hold onto him if we go down.
        Nail on head, we need to sort this out and one of the reasons I didn't want Rio here.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post

Seeing as you know how much money rio is on, could you tell me please? Oh and how much more he gets than charlie would be nice as well if you know that as well. Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            I don't know how people look at these pony websites about football rumours, but just read that liverpool are after charlie, which is probably a load off kack
            don't worry... he'll never pass the medical.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
              Quite correct, but if he refuses to sign a new contract and we won't sell now, when his contract is up we won't get a penny.

If he's still with us at the end of the season and we're still in the prem and he still won't sign a new contract, other clubs will only have to wait for his contract to run down to get him on a free.

This is the situation Burnley are in with Ings, his contract is up at the end of this season and he won't re-new it. If they want to make anything off him they'll have to sell for maybe £3m in January, or he'll go for nothing in June.

Almost correct, but not quite. Burnley will still get some compensation for Ings (decided by a tribunal) when he almost certainly leaves next summer as he is aged under 24. We are probably talking a couple of million at most but it would make no sense to sell him in January unless someone like Southampton (that is where Danny really wants to go next to follow Jay Rodriguez) offer Burnley a ridiculous amount - say £10 million. And I am sure Saints won't do that.

It's much different from when we had to sell Austin to either you or Hull - we did not have the guaranteed Premier money then. We are under NO pressure to sell Ings in January.
              Last edited by lancyclaret; 02-12-2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lancyclaret View Post
                Almost correct, but not quite. Burnley will still get some compensation for Ings (decided by a tribunal) when he almost certainly leaves next summer as he is aged under 24. We are probably talking a couple of million at most but it would make no sense to sell him in January unless someone like Southampton (that is where Danny really wants to go next to follow Jay Rodriguez) offer Burnley a ridiculous amount - say £10 million. And I am sure Saints won't do that.

It's much different from when we had to sell Austin to either you or Hull - we did not have the guaranteed Premier money then. We are under NO pressure to sell Ings in January.
                You should hang onto Ings in Jan. Even if he goes for a paltry sum in June, anything you might get for him in Jan would be peanuts compared to another season of PL money. Better to roll the dice by keeping him and give yourselves the best chance of staying up.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                X