please god somebody tell you to quit
    or your take us down now thats the end of it
    ted your rhyme is somewhat cruel
    the man's a legend not a tool
    if picked today fans should unite
    cheer him on with all our might
    his name is Rio dancing in the sun
    at Loftus Road as we win two one.

(actually it will probably rain but you can't have everything)

Comment

I don't think that's fair Ted. I didn't want him to come before he joined due to age and pace, but he was in the team when we were playing bad. Same with Joey Barton and he came back last game and we lost again, we didn't give him a hard time did we... why?

We're playing better now, more composed and this is when Rio is at his best, he is not use to players not knowing what to do or all over the place, he should fit it and do a good job now that it's fixed.

I'd like to see him given a chance just like every other player.

Comment

I am sure Rio plays with is phone in one hand
        You Rsssssss

Comment

He is finished so why defend him??? I am not saying he should be abused though.

His brother was better.

Comment

That's right. He hasn't been given a chance. Look at the chilean guys, Henry, Dunne and plenty of other players that have proved the fans wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
              He is finished
              In your opinion....People said exactly the same of Dunne, Hill, Helguson etc....How easy is it to condemn someone from behind a keyboard?....Personally I think he can still do a job.

Comment

over-rated, should only use when absolutely no choice, he might have a good game left in him.

Comment

he'll have a part to play this season imo-lets judge at the end of the season. dunne was finished 2 years ago.
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Question is, is he still good enough for the prem or not? Man Utd got shot for a reason.

He couldn't even get into the bottom team in the prem today, even with his mate picking the team. Perhaps Harry has lost faith in him. It appears he's a minimum fourth choice CB now, behind Caulker Ned and Dunne.

Some are defending him by saying he was playing in a bad team. It could also be argued he made the team worse.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      He couldn't even get into the bottom team in the prem today. It appears he's a minimum fourth choice CB now, behind Caulker Ned and Dunne.
                      He's just returned from a ban and injury so not fully fit yet....but that clearly wouldn't fit your agenda you've had over him since the day he arrived.

General question

Why are some people so quick to condemn new arrivals after literally just a handful of games?

This says more to me about their own judgement (or lack of) of a player than anything else - IMO.

Comment

His name is Rio
                        Thank God he's sitting in the stand......

Comment

Question is, is he still good enough for the prem or not? Man Utd got shot for a reason.

He couldn't even get into the bottom team in the prem today, even with his mate picking the team. Perhaps Harry has lost faith in him. It appears he's a minimum fourth choice CB now, behind Caulker Ned and Dunne.

Some are defending him by saying he was playing in a bad team. It could also be argued he made the team worse.
                          that could be the case.....it was a gamble tbf but at that time we were playing sithe and finding our feet-imo he can play a massive part in us staying up. trust me he will be needed.
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            He's just returned from a ban and injury so not fully fit yet....but that clearly wouldn't fit your agenda you've had over him since the day he arrived.

General question

Why are some people so quick to condemn new arrivals after literally just a handful of games?

This says more to me about their own judgement (or lack of) of a player than anything else - IMO.
                            Isn't this fella supposed to be world class? Isn't this the same Rio Ferdinand that's played at the highest level and won tons of stuff? Wouldn't you expect him to be able to step into our team and improve us? Did he do that? No. He's not a wet behind the ears novice. He's vastly experienced and should have been able to adapt very quickly but didn't.

No amount of cheerleading from you will change my opinion of him, and I find it difficult to accept your excuses for him. Even his mate Harry saw fit to drop him. Do you think Harry was wrong as well?

Seems to me you're seeing Rio for what he was, not what he is now.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

He's vastly experienced and should have been able to adapt very quickly but didn't.
                              Once again you're showing your ignorance with that comment. It's simply not true that even great players can adapt quickly to new systems and players within a few games - just look at Liverpool and Man Utd as recent examples.

No amount of cheerleading from you will change my opinion of him, and I find it difficult to accept your excuses for him.
                              No cheerleading from me whatsoever, just a little objectivity and realism. No excuses either, just reasoning.

Even his mate Harry saw fit to drop him. Do you think Harry was wrong as well?
                              More inaccuracy. He wasnt dropped as he's been out of the team due to his ban and not being fully fit.

I remember being a fairly lone voice on here defending Zamora and (previously) Helguson for ages before they finally came good and silenced their critics.

Comment

Working...
                              X