Leicester saturday - away to Swansea on Tues - squad will be tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leicester saturday - away to Swansea on Tues - squad will be tired

wont the squad be knackered after playing leicester saturday and then making the journey to wales tuesday to face swansea?

i reckon it will have some affect on HR's selection for Saturday. personally, I reckon that we leave it all out on the field Saturday and then start whoever can still put in another shift on Tues. aka: priority Saturday 3 points.

soz mods if this is already being discussed in another thread. just thought its a very valid point to make before all the moaning on Saturday around 2:30pm time when people will whinge about the selection
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Here we go again - tired footballer - I just hate it - it is their work
    QPR has played a grand total of one game since November 8th - and people thing they are tired

Comment

mate, this isnt sunday - thurs - saturday.

this is saturday - travel far - tuesday - saturday again. im throwing the question out there, will it impact team selection? youre saying you'd pick the exact same 11, our strongest 11 players for both the leicester and swansea games?
      Rangers Til I Die
      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

They're professional athletes, to even think they will be tired to play 2 matches in 4 days is a joke…

Comment

Yes, they will be tired. It isn't fair. Wish we could just call the whole thing off. Or be allowed to play at Swansea in mobility scooters.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Sure they will be deadly tired
            Saturday - match 15:00
            Sunday off
            Monday morning practise and the 3 hours drive in the afternoon
            Tuesday off until 20:00 drive back
            Wednesday - ???
            Thursday - ???
            Friday - ???
            Saturday match 15:00

Would anyone in here be tired after this workload

Comment

The poor lads, they should be able to rest for at least 14 days between games.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I think its dangerous to play them in any games. Training is quite tiring.

Comment

Its full fixture list Sat and midweek so no more tired then anyone else in the league

This cant be used as an excuse if we get turned over once again away from home Tuesday. Swansea is not the worst of journeys what couple of hours on the train and guess they will go first class

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    Yes, they will be tired. It isn't fair. Wish we could just call the whole thing off. Or be allowed to play at Swansea in mobility scooters.
                    Genuine LOL.

Comment

I played this morning, playing tonight, tomorrow PM and Sunday AM.

They'll be fine. Leicester is priority, win at all costs then worry about Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Its full fixture list Sat and midweek so no more tired then anyone else in the league

This cant be used as an excuse if we get turned over once again away from home Tuesday. Swansea is not the worst of journeys what couple of hours on the train and guess they will go first class
                        Was just about to post the same thing, every ones in the same boat.....its a bit like the famous excuse of blaming the weather.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I think the game should be shortened to 20 minutes so they don't get exhausted
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                            I think the game should be shortened to 20 minutes so they don't get exhausted
                            Or have pauses every couple minutes, like in basketball.
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                            X