Similarities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similarities

As things stood right now, there's a lot of similarities between this season and the season we got relegated. We are only better by four points after 12 games, yet still bottom; concede goals with ease and struggling to score ourselves. Apart from the three games against Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City, which we played the kind of football we all dream of, its the same old story. Silly mistakes; walking football; lack of creativity......especially when we play away from home. Should the ground make such a huge difference? Cannot understand why. Its 11 against 11 on standard pitch. What's the difference? These coming games are so important to us. Six pointer each. However, knowing how we always make it so hard to ourselves, I am not that optimistic. Hope I am proved wrong.

Couldn't agree more there big fella....

Was saying to a fellow Ranger last night that for all the recent improvement we are still bottom and always seem to come up short and rarely get the sort of results that Palace got... They were there for the taking when we played them but fell short.....

Sods law that Burnley are just finding form when we are about to play them....

Comment

Could of got a point or even three against hull but didnt.
      Should and Could of got something from liverpool but didnt.
      Should of beat citeh but didnt.
      Could of got a point at soton but didnt.
      Could of got a point at newcastle but didnt and so on.

So many just quite not good enoughs, and it does seem that we are not quite good enough again and will go down, bit at least its a but more enjoyable going back down this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Could of got a point or even three against hull but didnt.
        Should and Could of got something from liverpool but didnt.
        Should of beat citeh but didnt.
        Could of got a point at soton but didnt.
        Could of got a point at newcastle but didnt and so on.

So many just quite not good enoughs, and it does seem that we are not quite good enough again and will go down, bit at least its a but more enjoyable going back down this time.
        Spot on Kev.. We just seem to be in the strongest premier league season ever.
        Us Leicester and Burnley will all go back down IMO. Maybe Villa and West Brom will get dragged back into it but I think they just have enough in Prem experience etc.

Comment

No way did we show any fight the season we went down, we have played better in the games mentioned than we have in the last 3 yrs, I think we are in a better position than at any other stage over hat period.

These next few games and the Jan window will decide our fate, I don't want him but Defoe on a 1.5 yr contract and a few others and we will be ok.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Spot on Kev.. We just seem to be in the strongest premier league season ever.
            Us Leicester and Burnley will all go back down IMO. Maybe Villa and West Brom will get dragged back into it but I think they just have enough in Prem experience etc.
            I was actually thinking the opposite the other day, that there could be 7 or 8 teams that are not much better than us and will be in the mix at the end of the season. On top of us 5 you mention above could realistically see Hull and definitely Sunderland and Palace get pulled into it.

If we have a decent December which is quite possible looking at our fixtures then things will start looking up.

Not using it as an excuse but we don't seem to have been the luckiest so far this season and could quite realistically have had 4 or 5 more points than we currently do if we had more of the rub of the green and decisions in our favour.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
              I was actually thinking the opposite the other day, that there could be 7 or 8 teams that are not much better than us and will be in the mix at the end of the season. On top of us 5 you mention above could realistically see Hull and definitely Sunderland and Palace get pulled into it.

If we have a decent December which is quite possible looking at our fixtures then things will start looking up.

Not using it as an excuse but we don't seem to have been the luckiest so far this season and could quite realistically have had 4 or 5 more points than we currently do if we had more of the rub of the green and decisions in our favour.
              Villa, west brom and Sunderland, I forgot about them (Sunderland)
              I think those 3 may somehow just have enough over us.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post

Couldnt agree more Cat!... so many teams who are just about the same level as us who'll be down their. Any of the bottom 8 teams now could end up in a bit of trouble. Could also throw Southampton, Newcastle and W.Ham in there too. For people to start saying we are as good as relegated or even think we'll be relegated is beyond me. Theres still so much of the season to play, with a transfer window and so many teams constantly looking behind them, its just to early to start predicting....

Also wasnt last season arguably the toughest Championship season in history??... But we still managed to get promoted with a very average team... and I dont remember last season us going on very very good consistent run of games like we just have done?..... IMO we have just played some of the best football since the yearly 90's and against big competition.
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Couldnt agree more Cat!... so many teams who are just about the same level as us who'll be down their. Any of the bottom 8 teams now could end up in a bit of trouble. Could also throw Southampton, Newcastle and W.Ham in there too. For people to start saying we are as good as relegated or even think we'll be relegated is beyond me. Theres still so much of the season to play, with a transfer window and so many teams constantly looking behind them, its just to early to start predicting....

Also wasnt last season arguably the toughest Championship season in history??... But we still managed to get promoted with a very average team... and I dont remember last season us going on very very good consistent run of games like we just have done?..... IMO we have just played some of the best football since the yearly 90's and against big competition.
                  Probably the most expensive and highly paid squad in Championship history. We made hard work of it, but if we'd failed to go up, it would have been an abject failure with the resources we had to hand.

Comment

If we had one other player who scored every now and again other than just chaz, we would be in a much better position already. Its a joke that nobody else chips in.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                      Probably the most expensive and highly paid squad in Championship history. We made hard work of it, but if we'd failed to go up, it would have been an abject failure with the resources we had to hand.
                      ..... but we did go up.

The difference between this season and last is that we are thinking of the future (Isla and Vargas if we can sign them, Caulker, Mutch, Fer, McCarthy) without spending a fortune. Also got other young talent in Yun and Austin. This time/season seems a lot better than last season and any other don't you think?
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        ..... but we did go up.

The difference between this season and last is that we are thinking of the future (Isla and Vargas if we can sign them, Caulker, Mutch, Fer, McCarthy) without spending a fortune. Also got other young talent in Yun and Austin. This time/season seems a lot better than last season and any other don't you think?
                        We did, but I disagree with the point about it being the toughest championship season, and that we had an average team.

It performed worse than it should have, that's for sure.

As for the comparisons with the last relegation season, I think they're perfectly apt sadly, mainly underperforming, with the odd 'high' against a top side.

Comment

Think we'll just have to agree to disagree about last seasons championship being the toughest and us having an average team last season, think we had a lot of names/well known players but ability we was a very average side... but that's just opinions!..... pre Newcastle was amazing, the best football Ive seen us play for years. Even Saturday we weren't terrible just very average and poor passing... quality wise not a lot separated the 2 teams.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Blue and white hoops, even the shirts are similar...#conspiracy

Comment

The thing that makes me sick about the R's is that after a home game our spirit is sky high, however, we play away from home and down the spirits goes! Our players should start to get into our opponents faces and fight like hell in our away games. Winning occasionally at home (we only won two games and drawn two out of six matches) will not be enough to save our season. Rest assured that Leicester, Palace and Burnley looks at their upcoming game at Loftus Road as a BIG chance for them to pick up some points. We either play with the same determination shown against Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City HOME and AWAY or we are doomed.

Comment

Working...
                              X