Your Jan 25 Man Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Jan 25 Man Squad

Be realistic about this, let's say we can offload and bring players in, what 25 man team would you like to see?

Current

Goalkeepers: Green, McCarthy, Murphy

Defenders: Onuoha, Dunne, Ferdinand, Hill, Yun, Caulker, Isla, Traore, Ehmer

Midfielders: Barton, Sandro, Mutch, Henry, Fer, Kranjcar, Wright-Phillips, Hoilett, Phillips

Strikers: Austin, Vargas, Zamora, Taarabt

After transfer window

Goalkeepers: Green, McCarthy, Murphy
    Keep the same

Defenders: Onuoha, Dunne, Ferdinand, Hill, Yun, Caulker, Isla, Traore, Ehmer
    Sell: Ehmer and one or two others. Not thought about which players to come in yet.

Midfielders: Barton, Sandro, Mutch, Henry, Fer, Kranjcar, Wright-Phillips, Hoilett, Phillips
    Sell: Wright-Phillips, Phillips and maybe Hoilett. Need to replace them with players that have pace, beat players and can cross.

Strikers: Austin, Vargas, Zamora, Taarabt
    Sell: Taarabt, never going to get a game. Try get Kolbeinn Sigthorsson again, I'd like both Defoe if cheap & Sigthorsson.

There's more chance of me getting put in the 25 than selling Wright-Phillips.... I think the most you can hope for with him is that he isn't in the 25 man squad and quietly disappears come the end of the season....

Don't think we'll get much/any money for Ehmer so more likely he'll get loaned out if we sign a defender. Then if it's more than one Taore, Hill and Ferdinand will be under threat. I don' think there will be wholesale changes, at most one defender, one striker and maybe a winger so that will probably mean Ferdinand is off or Ehmer drops out, Wright-Phillips loses his place and Taarabt leaves...

Comment

Just for the record though, I don't think Ferdinand will be off in January and with Dunne suspended this weekend I'm expecting him to start again.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to say sell Ehmer, I mean replace him with another defender.

Comment

Unrealistic to think that anybody is going to take swp off us. not a chance.

I agree we need some wingers who can do the lot, take a man on, cross and defend.

my targets would be 2 wingers and 1 striker + 1 rightback.

something like: anya, redmond, deeney, perch.

I reckon a lot of people will sniff at those names and say not good enough.. well reality is we could be back in the championship next year and we have to plan for that. signing rio ferdinands who want a last paycheck wont work.

edit: if we could I'd sell Hoilett to anybody will to buy him. hugely overrated and paid a vast fortune like swp for no real end product. At least with Phillips we've seen he can do it.. he just needs a run of games and bit of confidence. Hoilett's had his chance.

2nd edit: If we can move adel on then good. Get a striker in as replacement.
          Last edited by QPR1234; 24-11-2014, 02:19 PM.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

It would be easier to sell sand to the Arabs or ice cubes to Eskimos than it would be to sell SWP.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Agree with MYU: if we can replace Traore and Ehmer with a solid LB and RB; SWP, Phillips and Hoilett with two pacy wingers and one playmaker; Taarabt with a proven goalscorer, we would have a very good team. Doubt we will succeed.

Comment

one full back (a younger one from the championship maybe?) one winger (id like redmond) and one striker (wilson on loan from united maybe) and thats its really. in all honesty i think anyone we sign will be squad players, were a bit short of depth at the mo
                i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                  one full back (a younger one from the championship maybe?) one winger (id like redmond) and one striker (wilson on loan from united maybe) and thats its really. in all honesty i think anyone we sign will be squad players, were a bit short of depth at the mo
                  Would recall Jack Robinson and give him a chance to fight for the LB position.
                  Need to give a few of the youngsters a chance.
                  Why should SWP get a place when there are players in the Youth Team that deserve a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                    Would recall Jack Robinson and give him a chance to fight for the LB position.
                    Need to give a few of the youngsters a chance.
                    Why should SWP get a place when there are players in the Youth Team that deserve a chance.
                    because the youth teamers are too young to count in the 25 man squad due to the u21 rule
                    i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                      because the youth teamers are too young to count in the 25 man squad due to the u21 rule
                      Why did we loan out Robinson then, as the LB position we come up short in?

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                        Why did we loan out Robinson then, as the LB position we come up short in?
                        This experience will be good for him this year, next year put him in the squad. Saying that can we recall him if we had too?

Comment

Working...
                        X