Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouGov profile of QPR fans (and every team's fans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound like they have QPR fans, mixed up with foolham fans

Comment

Just to be clear, we are all aware this isn't meant to be an accurate profile of every individual?

Demographic stuff like this is extremely useful for targeted marketing, they will not be losing money with this, you can be sure of that. The individual club info may just be to get some attention on it, the overall info they will have collected on football fans as a whole will be of more use to advertisers.
      Last edited by DeepcutHoop; 19-11-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
        Just to be clear, we are all aware this isn't meant to be an accurate assessment of every individual.

Demographic stuff like this is extremely useful for targeted marketing, they will not be losing money with this, you can be sure of that. The individual club info may just be to get some attention on it, the overall info they will have collected on football fans as a whole will be of more use to advertisers.
        The targeted marketing will be wasted on every single member of this site it seems! 153 participants out of a global fan base of...100k(?) seems a waste of time to me if they really are doing it for advertising purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          The targeted marketing will be wasted on every single member of this site it seems! 153 participants out of a global fan base of...100k(?) seems a waste of time to me if they really are doing it for advertising purposes.
          As i said the individual teams stuff is less useful than the overall data about football fans in general.

The club stuff is just to get people to look at the data and raise the profile of the research. Which it has done tbf

Comment

seems each profile is the sample size of ~125. how the fark are you supposed to generalize anything from 125 ppl?
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

This app does not show the *typical* fan or customer. If it did, most groups would look very similar, and you wouldn't learn a lot about the specifics of particular thing.

It reveals the quintessential, rather than the average, member of that group.

We compare the group to their natural 'comparison set' (for example, fans of Downton Abbey compared to anyone who has rated any TV shows) and see which of the thousands of datapoints most overscore in our target group. The Z score is a statistical measure of the strength of that overscoring.

For example, if something is only true of 1% of the overall population, but is true of 6% of our target group, it might score very highly (and shows you something interesting and true about that group). But it doesn't mean that it is true of all of them!

Another example: many of the football teams show a *female* character - this does not mean that most of the fans are female, but simply that compared to other football teams, there are *more* female fans than you would expect.

And the BBC iPlayer mobile app shows a woman over 60 - this means that, compared to other mobile apps, the iPlayer app is disproportionately popular among that age group (even thought the overwhelming majority of users, like all apps, will be people under 40).

Is it clear as mud now?

Comment

It's funny that the 2nd most visited website is a malware site visited from infected PC's.

Comment

Gordon Bennett! Next time I see some spotty chugger doing a survey in the street I'll have to try and catch their eye and get cornered - can't have this sort of tosh and misinformation getting bandied about! Thinking about it - might be more fun to muck about with a load of daft answers and then say I'm a scum fan at end of it?

Comment

Working...
                  X