Loftus Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loftus Road

Recently our little revival has been a pleasure with Austin, Yun, Vargas etc all being rightly applauded but we should not lose the opportunity to say how wonderful our little stadium in W12 is. Saturday night in the rain and the place was as close to heaven as one can be on this earth.
    Electric and atmosphere couldn't be bettered in any division.
    Mates at work were saying that just sounded amazing on TV, my Chelsea colleague bowed his head with respect as I passed him in the corridor. He knows Jose's got a point.
    I know we may move but we should never take for granted what we have, don't think Loftus Road will ever be bettered, if we have to move for solely financial reasons than be it but nights like Saturday will be memories and we should savour them.
    Proper passion.

It's great, apart from the leg room
    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

1 thing thats been made clear by TF from the start is that he knows and loves the atmosphere at LR and is keen to bring that to the new stadium... possibly have steep seating and make sure the crowd are as close to the pitch as legally possible?
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
        Recently our little revival has been a pleasure with Austin, Yun, Vargas etc all being rightly applauded but we should not lose the opportunity to say how wonderful our little stadium in W12 is. Saturday night in the rain and the place was as close to heaven as one can be on this earth.
        Electric and atmosphere couldn't be bettered in any division.
        Mates at work were saying that just sounded amazing on TV, my Chelsea colleague bowed his head with respect as I passed him in the corridor. He knows Jose's got a point.
        I know we may move but we should never take for granted what we have, don't think Loftus Road will ever be bettered, if we have to move for solely financial reasons than be it but nights like Saturday will be memories and we should savour them.
        Proper passion.
        Yes, nights like that make you realise don't they.

Comment

Probably best atmosphere since the scum came back to visit us a couple of seasons ago.

Comment

Atmospheres been amazing since we went from being cr ap to excellent overnight..

Comment

I don't want to move!

Comment

L
                Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                Saturday night in the rain and the place was as close to heaven as one can be on this earth.
                Odds are I'll probably get there before him. So I'll have a word to see if that linesman can go somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                  It's great, apart from the leg room
                  That and the views from some parts of the ground, but the biggest problem is capacity. Without more fans and a bigger gate income the club already amongst the bottom 2 of the Premiership will fall behind many others in the football league too.
                  I won't list them here, but at least 30 FL clubs have bigger capacity stadiums and can generate bigger incomes.

Comment

I wonder what a full house recipts are compared to say Stoke ,WBA and clubs of that size
                    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                      I wonder what a full house recipts are compared to say Stoke ,WBA and clubs of that size
                      Not many full houses in Stoke mate, most of them are derelict

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        That and the views from some parts of the ground, but the biggest problem is capacity. Without more fans and a bigger gate income the club already amongst the bottom 2 of the Premiership will fall behind many others in the football league too.
                        I won't list them here, but at least 30 FL clubs have bigger capacity stadiums and can generate bigger incomes.
                        Yet they are not in the PL getting the TV dosh that we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Yet they are not in the PL getting the TV dosh that we are.
                          Yes, but QPR won't stay in the premiership for long on 18,000 gates! Portsmouth couldn't and like QPR they spent money they didn't have to try and compete.

Comment

safe standing areas may save us in the future......
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

But we don't sell out a lot of games as it is?

Comment

Working...
                              X