No announcement yet.

Vargas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't need to say anything about Vargas. Quality.

Isla - bought in to play 3-5-2. When that didn't work and we went 4-4-2, his first couple of games he looked a liability. But then you think, ok not only is he acclimatising to the Prem, not only does he not speak English, but he's also having to play a system he doesn't normally play.

A few games later he looks pretty good defensively and obviously, combining with Eduardo, very good offensively. This is in a few weeks. That is some adjustment. Fair play to the guy - very impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
      I don't need to say anything about Vargas. Quality.

Isla - bought in to play 3-5-2. When that didn't work and we went 4-4-2, his first couple of games he looked a liability. But then you think, ok not only is he acclimatising to the Prem, not only does he not speak English, but he's also having to play a system he doesn't normally play.

A few games later he looks pretty good defensively and obviously, combining with Eduardo, very good offensively. This is in a few weeks. That is some adjustment. Fair play to the guy - very impressed!
      Agreed these 2 could be very important players for us. and to think some wanted them to be sent back in January.

Comment

Vargas and Isla get through a tremendous amount of work down that right hand side.. its brilliant to watch. Both very much on the same wave length..
        You can see why Chile have such a successful national side.

Comment

Vargas regularly chases back and tackles in the box.

Comment

I would think these two set an excellent example to the rest of the team regarding a fantastic work rate and are certainly on the same wavelength with some good link up play.

Chile were very unlucky to go out in the World Cup IMO and with the attitude shown by both players so far I would be delighted if we could sign them both permantly..does anyone have any estimates on their transfer fees ?

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
              I would think these two set an excellent example to the rest of the team regarding a fantastic work rate and are certainly on the same wavelength with some good link up play.

Chile were very unlucky to go out in the World Cup IMO and with the attitude shown by both players so far I would be delighted if we could sign them both permantly..does anyone have any estimates on their transfer fees ?
              Was reported at the time of £8m each I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                does anyone have any estimates on their transfer fees ?
                Their market values in the summer were:

£7,92 Mill. - Isla
                £5,28 Mill. - Vargas

Comment

Bargain for Vargas!! Bl00dy hell.. His at least £10m now I would say

Comment

Working...
                  X