Offside. And handball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offside. And handball.

Slightly offside? Inadvertent handball? But a great finish ? F ack right off MOTD.... It wasn't a goal.

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Slightly offside? Inadvertent handball? But a great finish ? F ack right off MOTD.... It wasn't a goal.

Austins goal was 'slightly' offside as well.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      Not so. In line. Bob was offside......

Comment

Hilariously biased coverage, 'A little bit of an offside, a little bit of a handball' - It either is or it isn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Not so. In line. Bob was offside......
          Yes so MOTD didn't show you properly , watched it on SKY both goals were the same. In fact I thought Austin was a fraction more off than Agueros.

Both goals stood and it made for a quality match.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Norton View Post
              Hilariously biased coverage, 'A little bit of an offside, a little bit of a handball' - It either is or it isn't!
              The mesmerising skill.......... where the ball would have been behind him had it not hit his arm.

Offside as shades of grey ffs It's offside or it's not, regardless of how difficult it is for the linesman.

Comment

Yes so MOTD didn't show you properly , watched it on SKY both goals were the same. In fact I thought Austin was a fraction more off than Agueros.

Prefer to have the two points stolen from us by that illegal goal gifted City in spite of TWO infringements.....

Comment

Austin was level, just, Augero was the other side of the line drawn so offside ! End of .........yes it was a great game but it was offside and it was handball as he controlled the ball away from Dunne and Caulker ! Austins control was given handball which led to their 2nd goal too, so why not Augero ? Both great finishes yes but first one should not have stood.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                    The mesmerising skill.......... where the ball would have been behind him had it not hit his arm.

Offside as shades of grey ffs It's offside or it's not, regardless of how difficult it is for the linesman.
                    Both marginally offside. Only one of them was handball though.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post

Obviously a point missed by the MOTD pundits.

Phil Neville really is a complete mug compared to his brother. Quite how Mike Dean "brilliantly spotted" Hart's double kick with players between him and the ball and at that distance away is beyond a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Obviously a point missed by the MOTD pundits.

Phil Neville really is a complete mug compared to his brother. Quite how Mike Dean "brilliantly spotted" Hart's double kick with players between him and the ball and at that distance away is beyond a joke.
                        Clearly the linesman spotted the double touch, he called it immediately as shown on Sky earlier, as Neville said 'rules is rules'. Fair enough.

Except when you're first touch looks good, and you're a genius then it's , well, a 'bit' offside, and a 'bit' of handball. I was just frustrated when I thought it was clear we'd been stitched up on that goal, but as the pundits seem determined to make it very simple for Aguero to be a genius by suspending normal judgement, I'm pissed off.

That same call made in a top four game and they'd be huge controversy. I hate to play the little club card, I usually hate that nonsense, but this does feel like 'Well QPR are probably happy enough with a draw anyway, and everyone knows Aguero is brilliant so what's the harm?

Comment

Yeah, well, anyway... when we played Liverpool, they were so bad it was untrue. When we played Chelsea, they had a really bad day and played well to get a win, City are playing shite now and got a point... nothing to do with the way we defended and created chances that led to goals, oh no, we're #### and everyone else is having a bad game on the exact day they play us... We'll get at least 10 points on the run up to Christmas and all because we're shite but everyone else is having a bad day when they play us!

Comment

As usual, nobody actually knows what the offside rule really is, even the referees. I have heard it said that the forward is only offside if there is clear daylight between him and the last defender when the ball is played. If that is the case then both goals were ONSIDE. If that is not the case then both goals were OFFSIDE. Very fine margins but the one thing you can give the officials credit for is that they were CONSISTENT by calling both onside.
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I thought Austin's goal was slightly offside but after waving off 2 already, correctly I might add, he wasn't going to call another marginal one back! I think he totally messed up on their first, I am not sure he was in a position to see the handball!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X