How wrong we were

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How wrong we were

Most of us - myself included - thought that with Remy going and us not getting a replacement we would really struggle to score. But you could almost call us "free scoring" lately. Meanwhile we were mainly fairly confident about the defence but the centre backs have looked the weakest links (not terrible lately but still very vulnerable).

Clearly a lot can change by Jan but at the moment I wonder if a commanding, mobile centre half isnt higher on our shopping list than a centre forward.

It's called creating chances and having a shot, if you don't do it, you wont score.
    Stand and Deliver!

Comment

Drop SWP from squad for a striker and if rumours are true Rio is off replace him with another CB

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Flash View Post
        It's called creating chances and having a shot, if you don't do it, you wont score.
        Think its a bit more than that, tho agree a positive game plan certainly suits us. Bobby looked clapped out and a super sub at best, certainly not someone who wd last 90 mins against City. The fear was that charlie wouldnt be clinical enough to score enough goals for us but at the moment he is making me eat my words.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Most of us - myself included - thought that with Remy going and us not getting a replacement we would really struggle to score. But you could almost call us "free scoring" lately. Meanwhile we were mainly fairly confident about the defence but the centre backs have looked the weakest links (not terrible lately but still very vulnerable).

Clearly a lot can change by Jan but at the moment I wonder if a commanding, mobile centre half isnt higher on our shopping list than a centre forward.
          Things have been looking up for a number of reasons but it's no accident that we've been playing better since Anton was thankfully f acked out of the team after WHU and replaced by the Landlord. First goal today was offside and handball. And the second was the work of a class act. Certainly don't think that Dunne is in any way a weak link. He's been exceptional; he was playing against the best forward in the world, bar perhaps the squirrel, today. And played a key part in making the first goal.

Comment

Well if one out of Charlie/Bobby/Vargas gets injured I'd say we would be in trouble, no? So a forward would be good. Maybe a quality CB would be good but I think if were to get one it would have to be an experienced player to put next Caulker. And there's still Rio... I don't think he's as bad as people on here say. Apart from that I think we're more or less OK. Can't think of where else we're weak.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Speak for yourself , i remember being ridiculed on here with a handful of other posters stating Austin could step up and lead the line when Remy left.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                Well if one out of Charlie/Bobby/Vargas gets injured I'd say we would be in trouble, no? So a forward would be good. Maybe a quality CB would be good but I think if were to get one it would have to be an experienced player to put next Caulker. And there's still Rio... I don't think he's as bad as people on here say. Apart from that I think we're more or less OK. Can't think of where else we're weak.
                Agree we still need more options, just saying charlie/vargas/ bobby are proving a lot more dangerous than we realised, for now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  Speak for yourself , i remember being ridiculed on here with a handful of other posters stating Austin could step up and lead the line when Remy left.
                  You and me both.

Comment

Charlie has stepped up and led the line, no doubt about it. But Bob is a big part of his success since WHU. Charlie thrives when playing off someone. So thank Christ he's no longer playing up on his own. If Bob's rested- and he easily did the ninety minutes today- then Vargas can play off Charlie.

Comment

I think the majority on here and other sites were more wrong about wanting 'arry sacked tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Things have been looking up for a number of reasons but it's no accident that we've been playing better since Anton was thankfully f acked out of the team after WHU and replaced by the Landlord. First goal today was offside and handball. And the second was the work of a class act. Certainly don't think that Dunne is in any way a weak link. He's been exceptional; he was playing against the best forward in the world, bar perhaps the squirrel, today. And played a key part in making the first goal.
                        spot on mate. the sooner rio gets shoed out the better.

He got what he wanted (book launch) time to fark him off.

The landlord was superb again tonight. him and caulker are striking up a great partnership at the back.

great to see joey back. thought he done very well when he came on and showed lots of energy. would love to see him and sandro in the middle.

overall, am super proud with my team tonight but im not going to get my kock out just yet.

now we have a run of games with teams around us and we MUST continue to show this hunger,desire,ambition and willingness to run our guts into the ground.

it is these forthcoming games that will decide our fate and we must not sit back.

keep pushing on rangers!!!!
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          I think the majority on here and other sites were more wrong about wanting 'arry sacked tbh
                          Probably Dave. I'm glad he hasn't gone. But WHU was a turning point. And we were all right to be dismayed by that performance. We've clearly got better since then, but are still W1 D1 L2. But of those four games, three were against teams in this years Champions League, so we can take great heart from the results as well as the performances. Here's hoping.

Comment

Yeah sorry 77 weren't trying to be clever or argumentative. After West Ham i posted that if the players aren't playing for him then we must make a change.
                            And agree we have to play like this against the "easier teams?"

Comment

Both Austin and Bobby look a real threat when they've got the ball in and around their penalty area, whether it be as a partnership or when they're on their own.... also playing Vargas on the wing adds to the attacking options because we've effectively always got 3 strikers on the pitch.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                              X