Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Host of players fighting for available spot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think we are in a very fortunate position with our two keepers. I would keep Greeno in until given a reason to change him but very healthy competition between those two. As for Henry, he has surprised me the last couple of games but i think that Barton should be taking his place, not on Saturday but eventually. As great as Henry has been he is not a first team premiership midfielder. Our first XI when Barton match fit should be

Green
    Onouha...Dunne...Caulker...Yun
    Barton...Sandro...Fer...Vargas
    ........Zamora...Austin..........

When Zamora goes off bring Mutch or Henry or Kranjcar on.

Comment

Both Vargas and Isla are better when played together IMO.

Isla especially looks a completely different player when Vargas is next to him. I think moving Vargas to the other side of the pick would weaken the side. Much rather keep Fer there and let Barton fight it out with Henry and Mutch for the other Mid spot providing Sandro stays fit.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
        The same team as against Liverpool would do for me
        McCrathy
        Onuoha-Dunne-Caulker-Yun
        Isla-Henry-Sandro-Fer
        Austin-Zamora
        Green was outstanding against Chelsea. Would be wrong to drop him. Isla, to my mind, was poor against Chelsea. But we're stuck with him until January.

Comment

Green

Isla ... Caulker ... Dunne ... Yun

Vargas ... Henry ... Sandro ... Fer

Austin ... Zamora
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Green
            Onouha Dunne Caulker Yun
            Barton Sandro Henry Fer
            Austin Zamora

Comment

I agree with Harry's logic that Sandro and Henry are the main midfield players now. The same goes for Green. He was superb against Chelsea, so, why drop him. Currently, we are in a very healthy position that players that do not perform will be dropped and replaced with quality. So, I will keep the 11 that faced Chelsea and Barton, Krancjar, Ned, Phillips, Mutch and the rest will be ready when called to play their part. Its on that test that will determine if any of them are starters the following game.

Comment

Green
                Onuoha Dunne Caulker Yun
                Vargas Barton Sandro Fer
                Austin Zamora

Comment

Working...
                X